The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=205360)

JiNX-01 March 7 2013 12:50 AM

Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
Announced today.


http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ction/weep.gif She was a great comedic actress.

Admiral2 March 7 2013 01:20 AM

Re: Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
I always loved her TV shows, even if the networks they were on didn't agree.

auntiehill March 7 2013 01:23 AM

Re: Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
It's a shame. I hope her last months are peaceful and filled with family and friends.

doubleohfive March 7 2013 01:42 AM

Re: Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
I greatly look forward to the day when I can follow up the words "FUCK YOU, CANCER!" wit the words "YOU'RE GETTIN' CURED."

Until then, as ever, fuck you, cancer.

JiNX-01 March 7 2013 02:36 AM

Re: Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
Quote:

doubleohfive wrote: (Post 7769674)
I greatly look forward to the day when I can follow up the words "FUCK YOU, CANCER!" wit the words "YOU'RE GETTIN' CURED."

Until then, as ever, fuck you, cancer.

I'm with you, doubleohfive. It's been decades and they still haven't found the silver bullet. :(

Gil T.Azell March 9 2013 02:01 AM

Re: Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
My good friend Lori had he mom die of this, it took her very quickly.
I hope she's not in pain used to like her show.
and as always Fuck you cancer! ..l..

the G-man March 9 2013 05:35 AM

Re: Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
Quote:

JiNX-01 wrote: (Post 7769848)
Quote:

doubleohfive wrote: (Post 7769674)
I greatly look forward to the day when I can follow up the words "FUCK YOU, CANCER!" wit the words "YOU'RE GETTIN' CURED."

Until then, as ever, fuck you, cancer.

I'm with you, doubleohfive. It's been decades and they still haven't found the silver bullet. :(

They never will.

IIRC from my college biology class, cancer is encoded in the genes. It's part of the human body breaking down and related to the cell aging process. Anyone who lives long enough will get some form of cancer even that isn't what they die of.

Harper is 74 years old. Dying of cancer at that age is no worse than dying of a heart disease, alsheimers and/or ]cerebrovascular disease, It's just a fact of life.

Keith1701 March 12 2013 12:22 AM

Re: Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
Quote:

auntiehill wrote: (Post 7769614)
It's a shame. I hope her last months are peaceful and filled with family and friends.

My heart goes out to her and her family:(

Captain Kathryn March 12 2013 03:38 AM

Re: Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer
 
Oh, this news makes me very sad. I've always liked her so much.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.