The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Worst acting in Star Wars? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=205240)

Dale Sams March 5 2013 06:31 PM

Worst acting in Star Wars?

I refer to what is quaintly called 'A New Hope'. For this old bastard there is only one film named Star Wars.

My vote is for this guy

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Daine_Jir

Admittedly, he has tough lines.

C.E. Evans March 5 2013 06:47 PM

Re: Worst acting in Star Wars?

That guy who played Ewok #16 in ROTJ. He was totally unconvincing and was just phoning it in.

That Weirdo In The Corner March 5 2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 7763533)
That guy who played Ewok #16 in ROTJ. He was totally unconvincing and was just phoning it in.

that's a bit harsh, best spear acting ever.

The guy that played Yoda, they would have been better off with a puppet. thankfully there was no stupid CGI Yoda lightsaber battles.

Hound of UIster March 5 2013 10:16 PM

Carrie Fisher.

DarthTom March 5 2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Hound of UIster wrote: (Post 7764376)
Carrie Fisher.

I was going to say the same thing but I think actually Mark Hammill was worse at least in the the first SW film.

Hound of UIster March 5 2013 10:41 PM

Was Mark Hamil high on drugs for most of ANH?

Gojira March 5 2013 10:46 PM

Looking back there are a few scenes, such as when they buy R2 and C3PO, where Mark Hamil seems awkward and stiff.

Nagisa Furukawa March 5 2013 10:58 PM

In the first film, Hamill is awkward and unconvincing while Ford is brimming with charisma and knows exactly how to play each bit.

In the third film, Hamill has genuinely become a good actor who plays his part excellently, while Ford is clearly bored and phoning it in, wondering when he can get the fuck out of here.

Relayer1 March 5 2013 11:03 PM

Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen and David Prowse.

Hmm, seems to be a connection there, but I can't quite place it...

CaptainMurdock March 5 2013 11:13 PM

The "I don't like you either" guy. lol.

Avon March 5 2013 11:16 PM

i'm going to say Alec Guiness. compared with the rest of the casts talents, he was a proper actor and his performance is pretty poor considering how good he could be.

Sindatur March 5 2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

That Weirdo In The Corner wrote: (Post 7764358)
Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 7763533)

that's a bit harsh, best spear acting ever.

The guy that played Yoda, they would have been better off with a puppet. thankfully there was no stupid CGI Yoda lightsaber battles.

Yea, Yoda gets my vote too, dude couldn't even get a sentence in the right order.

Seriously though, I've gotta agree with Mark Hamill, he wasn't very good in the first film

Dale Sams March 5 2013 11:40 PM

You guys are crazy. Anything Hamill lacks is from "Youcanwritethisshitgeorgebutyoucan'tsayititis ". The irony being that Ford sold his lines perfectly.

Caligula March 6 2013 12:06 AM

Ahmed Best, because he's playing a character which is (I assume) supposed to be endearing, and ends up making him damned annoying.

Hayden Christensen.... do I even need a reason?

As much as it pains me.... Natalie Portman. Congratulations, George Lucas. Your shitty scripts for the PT made even Natalie Portman look like a bad actor. Seriously, in Episodes II & III in particular, she has this look like she can't believe the mediocrity of the dialogue she's reciting. And I'm right there with her.

Asbo Zaprudder March 6 2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

junxon wrote: (Post 7764631)
i'm going to say Alec Guiness. compared with the rest of the casts talents, he was a proper actor and his performance is pretty poor considering how good he could be.

Alec Guinness probably didn't care as he never thought he would get paid, having agreed to do the movie for a percentage. In fact, he was embarrassed by how much money it did make him.

Quote:

"What I didn't tell Lucas was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo."