The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Uniforms (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=205201)

Thete March 5 2013 11:54 AM

Uniforms

Starfleet uniforms are some of my favourite pieces of costumery in television or film - but which do you guys think was the best look?

I know we'll have had this thread many times prior, but I'm new here and I want to gauge some opinion.

For me, I think my favourite is the TNG uniform from Season 3 and onwards. It's very striking and looks very good. Close second is the DS9 and VOY uniforms tied with the TOS uniforms which I adore.

USS Firefly March 5 2013 12:10 PM

Re: Uniforms

For me it was the TNG movie uniforms and second the TOS movie uniforms

C.E. Evans March 5 2013 12:14 PM

The First Contact/late DS9 uniforms for me.

Use of Time March 5 2013 01:01 PM

Easily the First Contact era movie uniforms. They made the Federation look more profossional than the bright primary colors in TNG and in TOS. I also like the TOS movie era uniforms from TWOK on. They looked great but I would hate to have to put that on everyday as they looked somewhat cumbersome.

King Daniel Into Darkness March 5 2013 01:16 PM

The Enterprise uniforms from the 2009 reboot. TOS + big budget + full length pants = winner.

If it weren't for nostalgia clouding my judgement, I'd go for the realistic and practical uniforms worn in Star Trek: Enterprise.

I've never been a fan of any of the TNG TV uniforms. I used to like the First Contact ones, and they looked cool in the movies, but I quickly grew bored of them in DS9.

The Wrath of Khan uniforms look like good dress costumes, but seen impractical for day-to-day wear. Plus they make everyone look like Space Mounties.

All-time worst has to be the alt-future ones seen in "All Good Things," "The Visitor," "Endgame" etc.

Trek Survivor March 5 2013 02:20 PM

Surprised to see majority like the late DS9/TNG movie uniform... to be it's rather dull.

My fave is the TNG Season 3-7 unfirom as well Thete.

marksound March 5 2013 02:40 PM

TWOK and DS9v2 for me.

Sigokat March 5 2013 03:21 PM

TNG for me.

I didn't care for the DS9 ones with the zipper. It always seemed like people just had them unzipped way too low. May be my military mind that's ingrained with uniformity, but that always bugged me.

sbk1234 March 5 2013 04:35 PM

I'm another fan of the TNG movie uniforms. They just looked "smarter" to me than the others, and more "taking business seriously-ish."

A few different variations of this would have been nice, too.

Galileo7 March 5 2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

King Daniel wrote: (Post 7762585)
The Enterprise uniforms from the 2009 reboot. TOS + big budget + full length pants = winner.

If it weren't for nostalgia clouding my judgement, I'd go for the realistic and practical uniforms worn in Star Trek: Enterprise.

I've never been a fan of any of the TNG TV uniforms. I used to like the First Contact ones, and they looked cool in the movies, but I quickly grew bored of them in DS9.

The Wrath of Khan uniforms look like good dress costumes, but seen impractical for day-to-day wear. Plus they make everyone look like Space Mounties.

All-time worst has to be the alt-future ones seen in "All Good Things," "The Visitor," "Endgame" etc.

Agree. 2009 reboot and TWOK are my best.

T'Girl March 5 2013 11:56 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/7563/5155439sad1vpci.jpg

You have to admit, these are stylish.

:)

CaptPapa March 6 2013 01:23 AM

The movie uniforms from ST II - VI are my favorites, but I did like Kirk's wrap-around shirt from the series. And . . . the ladies mini's, of course!

CaptainMurdock March 9 2013 04:16 AM

Here's a question...

Why is it that in 100 years starfleet uniforms went from

Yellow = Command and Red = Engineering/Security to

Red = Command and Yellow = Engineering/Security?

Nerys Myk March 9 2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

CaptainMurdock wrote: (Post 7778674)
Here's a question...

Things change.

King Daniel Into Darkness March 9 2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

CaptainMurdock wrote: (Post 7778674)
Here's a question...

Because Patrick Stewart looked better in red than yellow.