The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   New Trek Movie and Nimoy (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=205072)

Komack March 4 2013 03:18 AM

New Trek Movie and Nimoy

With all the drama over whether or not Khan is in the upcoming movie, discussion about whether Leonard Nimoy will be making an appearance as Spock Prime has disappeared. Any new insights or information on a possible cameo?

The Wormhole March 4 2013 03:54 AM

Re: New Trek Movie and Nimoy

I think it's pretty much confirmed Nimoy won't be in the movie.

ChristopherPike March 4 2013 01:13 PM

He appears briefly, simply to say... "My work here is done."

Nearby a frail wheelchair bound 146 year old Admiral Archer, stops patting his prized beagle and gives him a puzzled look - before saying, "But you didn't do anything!"

To which old Spock replies with his last words, "Oh, didn't I?" and simply fades away...

King Daniel Into Darkness March 4 2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 7757302)

Is it? IIRC, the claim Nimoy appears in the movie "in long and stately robes" was the same source which claimed that Cumberbatch is Khan (which despite several denials still appears possible) and that Kirk and Khan have a fight outside in space suits - a scene glimpsed in the trailers and with it's own Kre-o set. If that bit's true, a Nimoy cameo could be too.

bbailey861 March 4 2013 04:37 PM

You never know. It could be a close guarded secret only to be revealed on the 15 May pre-screening.

The Wormhole March 5 2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

King Daniel wrote: (Post 7758742)
Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 7757302)

Is it? IIRC, the claim Nimoy appears in the movie "in long and stately robes" was the same source which claimed that Cumberbatch is Khan (which despite several denials still appears possible) and that Kirk and Khan have a fight outside in space suits - a scene glimpsed in the trailers and with it's own Kre-o set. If that bit's true, a Nimoy cameo could be too.

But I thought since that report Quinto said in an interview very definitively that Nimoy won't be in the movie?

donners22 March 7 2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 7761064)
But I thought since that report Quinto said in an interview very definitively that Nimoy won't be in the movie?

Karl Urban said that Cumberbach was playing Gary Mitchell.

I don't think we should believe anything we hear!

Oso Blanco March 7 2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

bbailey861 wrote: (Post 7758823)
You never know. It could be a close guarded secret only to be revealed on the 15 May pre-screening.

Here in Germany it will be revealed May 9th ... :)

Edit: In the UK as well.

The Wormhole March 7 2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

donners22 wrote: (Post 7770946)
Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 7761064)

Karl Urban said that Cumberbach was playing Gary Mitchell.

And Urban was chewed out by Abrams over it. No one has bothered to get after Quinto for revealing Nimoy won't be in the movie.

Although, admittedly, I'm not sure what that means.