The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Mirror Universe Janeway (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=204943)

teacake March 2 2013 12:15 PM

Mirror Universe Janeway

What would she be like? The real MU Janeway, not the one from Living Witness. The MU Janeway we never saw, the MU Janeway they denied us. You know they could have stuck her into the DS9 MU eps (crappy as they were), because hey, she's obviously not leading a starfleet vessel in the Delta quadrant in the MU!

I bet they would have made her someone noble and helpful which would have been dull. But maybe she is a ruthless leader of the Terran Empire, all jackboots and torture, perhaps even with an eyepatch!!!!!! That would be awesome.

And no I am not just discussing this because of duh, lesbians.

Guy Gardener March 2 2013 12:54 PM

Re: Mirror Universe Janeway

They would have spitroasted Neelix for a welcome to the Delta quadrant Luau, bargained with the Kazon until the perfect moment of betrayal, and then sold Ocampa as slaves in exchange for food and technology all the way home to the Terran Empire.

Lesbians?

There were lebians?

It must have been something subtle that I missed.

Sindatur March 2 2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 7751272)
... But maybe she is a ruthless leader of the Terran Empire, all jackboots and torture, perhaps even with an eyepatch!!!!!! That would be awesome.

And no I am not just discussing this because of duh, lesbians.

Nah, they'd make her more different than just sticking an eyepatch on her ;)

Mr. Laser Beam March 2 2013 03:15 PM

The 'real' MU Janeway was a bit dull, to be honest...

King Daniel Into Darkness March 2 2013 03:17 PM

According to William Shatner's Mirror Universe trilogy, she had shortly cropped red hair and could barely keep her hands off Captain Kirk. I imagine Kate Mulgrew's version would be a little different...

Mr. Laser Beam March 2 2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

King Daniel wrote: (Post 7751464)
According to William Shatner's Mirror Universe trilogy, she had shortly cropped red hair and could barely keep her hands off Captain Kirk.

:eek: Okay, I am instantly repressing that. :barf:

Brit March 2 2013 04:46 PM

^passes Mr. Laser Beam the brain bleach.

I would agree with you, except I've been subjected to worse trauma, (someone's fiddle of Neelix naked.)

And yes I am sure Kate's version would have been very different.

Sindatur March 2 2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Brit wrote: (Post 7751608)

I would agree with you, except I've been subjected to worse trauma, (someone's fiddle of Neelix naked.)

Ah, the "Neelix Salad"?

Brit March 2 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 7751614)
Quote:

Ah, the "Neelix Salad"?

Actually no, there was another one far earlier that is no longer around on the internet, the two artists are friends though. Let us just say that on the first one there was no bit of Neelix, not even a spot covered by anything.

Sindatur March 2 2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Brit wrote: (Post 7751626)
Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 7751614)
Quote:

Ah, the "Neelix Salad"?

Actually no, there was another one far earlier that is no longer around on the internet, the two artists are friends though. Let us just say that on the first one there was no bit of Neelix, not even a spot covered by anything.

TMI, TMI...Spots, Toenails, and Porcupine Quills everywhere. MAKE IT STOP...

<Rips brain bleach outta Mr. Laser Beam's hands and showers in it>

:guffaw:

Gaith March 2 2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

King Daniel wrote: (Post 7751464)
According to William Shatner's Mirror Universe trilogy, she had shortly cropped red hair and could barely keep her hands off Captain Kirk.

Not sure if serious, but I'm halfway through my re-read and so far, while there's definitely a note of attraction despite the considerable age difference, this is wild exaggeration that crosses the line over into outright falsehood. There's one iffy scene where she makes a pass at him, but it's strategic, not lustful.

I think the trilogy's depiction of Mirror "Kate" is damned good, myself, and very admiring to boot. teacake, if you haven't yet read it I think you'd rather like it.

King Daniel Into Darkness March 2 2013 09:04 PM

I read the books three or four years ago, maybe my brain exaggerated it a bit? I distinctly remember thinking, "Oh, Shatner... Janeway too?"

Gaith March 2 2013 09:06 PM

^ Like I said, there's definitely an element of that, and it does come off as ego-stroking on Shatner's part, but in its proper context it's really not that much. Besides, this is The Goddamn James T. Kirk we're talking about. ;)

teacake March 2 2013 10:39 PM

GAH I got all excited about the Kirk/Janeway storyline and it's debunked in 12 posts!! I have always campaigned for this pairing.

What is the name of this trilogy? I haven't kept up with Shatnerverse.

Guy Gardener March 2 2013 10:45 PM

Shatner doesn't write those books. It's Jude and Gar Reeves-Stevens who follow Shatner around all day like 1940s gumshoes, then translate his bumblings into action packed sciencefiction.