The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Lucky deal!!! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=204604)

Mage February 26 2013 08:26 PM

Lucky deal!!!

About two weeks ago, spotted something cool on Marktplaats, like a Dutch Ebay. Someone was selling 27 Trek novels, and I made a bid.

Long story short, for the total sum of 16,75 euro, I got novels like Dark Mirror, Ashes Of Eden, Vulcan's Forge, The Return, Avenger, Warped, Spectre, the 4 Dominion War novels, both Badlands novels, 4 Day Of Honour novels, Avenger, Dark Victory and a few others.

Coffee's done, I'm crashing on the couch and not leaving for the entire evening. :D

zarkon February 26 2013 08:43 PM

Re: Lucky deal!!!

Cool. Dark Mirror & The Return are awesome. Warped...was pretty out there.

rfmcdpei February 27 2013 11:55 AM

I quite liked Warped myself. Jeter is a good writer, and his dark take on DS9 was fun.

zarkon February 27 2013 04:31 PM

Didn't say it was bad, just that it didn't feel like it was written for the trek universe.

I loved the sense of creeping tension throughout

Patrick O'Brien February 27 2013 04:49 PM

27 booksshould keep you busy for awhile Mage:)

Mage February 27 2013 08:53 PM

I already figured not all the novels would be classics, but it's just nice to have some extra TrekLit for such a steal.

Patrick O'Brien March 2 2013 06:16 PM

I took some inspiration from you yesterday Mage and bought a few used trek books while at the bookstore. I picked up "The Final Reflection" by John M. Ford and "Enterprise the First Adventure" by Vonda N. McIntrye.

Mage March 3 2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Patrick O'Brien wrote: (Post 7751878)
I took some inspiration from you yesterday Mage and bought a few used trek books while at the bookstore. I picked up "The Final Reflection" by John M. Ford and "Enterprise the First Adventure" by Vonda N. McIntrye.

I've heard that The Final Reflection is very good, I should try and find it myself.

I finished Dark Mirror. It was certainly fun, but not the great novel some say it is. Atleast, not to me. Right now I'm in Ashes Of Eden.

Mage March 3 2013 04:08 PM

Pleasently surprised with Ashes Of Eden. I had thought I wouldn't like Shatner's writing, but it was actually quite nice. Now reading The Return.

Christopher March 3 2013 04:31 PM

^Well, it's Shatner's and Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens's writing, to be precise.

Mage March 3 2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 7755172)
^Well, it's Shatner's and Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens's writing, to be precise.

Good point, ofcourse. I do wonder how Shatner would do on his own then.

Patrick O'Brien March 4 2013 04:47 PM

Have you or Chris read "Enterprise" by Vonda N. McIntrye? I thought I would start reading it today. I tried to look it up in my "Voyages of Imagination" book, but she declined to be interviewed sadly.

zarkon March 4 2013 05:33 PM

The First Adventure? It's a good book - for me, infinitely preferable to The Entropy Effect. The central concept is really cool.

Reanok March 4 2013 06:56 PM

.:techman:Some of the Shaterner books are quite good.Warped isn't one of the better ds9 novels.The rest of the books you won sound like quite a bargain.