The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Peanut Butter on Hamburgers... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=204514)

royalfan5 February 25 2013 10:28 PM

Peanut Butter on Hamburgers...

Why hasn't this caught on in a bigger way? It's fantastic, and it seems like it wouldn't be hard for places to add as an offering. It seems like you see it more now in the local type burger joints, but why doesn't one of the big chains jump in with one?

C.E. Evans February 25 2013 10:38 PM

Re: Peanut Butter on Hamburgers...

It's probably because quite a few people would still consider it an, um, acquired taste...
:ack:

pigletsgiblets February 25 2013 10:58 PM

It's disgusting.

sojourner February 25 2013 10:59 PM

Hell, I'm still waiting for one of the big chains to come out with a hamburger with a fried egg on it.

CorporalClegg February 25 2013 11:01 PM

I eat peanut butter on hamburger buns all the time, just sans the hamburger.

Venardhi February 25 2013 11:02 PM

Peanut butter is a great addition to many foods you wouldn't expect. The sweet and saltiness accents spicy or savory foods really well.

If I need something quick and cheap, I'll throw a spoon-full in some instant noodles (use less water or strain them so when you stir it in it doesn't get too watered down) for a pretty damn tasty meal. I prefer kimchi flavored but I expect chicken and most of the other flavors would suit just fine.

When I was a kid I used to put it on my pizza all the time. Plain cheese or pepperoni seemed to suit best. Strong flavor that wont be overwhelmed by the PB.

Miss Chicken February 25 2013 11:12 PM

Peanut butter in any form - GROSS :ack:

Peanut butter on hamburgers - DOUBLY GROSS:barf:

The Festivus Awakens February 25 2013 11:32 PM

This is the most disgusting thread we've had in Miscellaneous since that one about the ingrown hair in a delicate location. It offends me on an instinctual level.

And no, I haven't tried it before rejecting it completely as an abomination. I've also not tried being mauled by a pack of rabid wolves, but I'm pretty sure it's not something I'd be into either.

A plague on all your houses who participate in and promote this ugliness.

HighteeHeller February 25 2013 11:36 PM

I like hummus on my burgers. I could see it being similar to peanut butter in texture and taste. Id try it.

Wintertainment February 25 2013 11:40 PM

interesting idea, though i might just stick to the brilliance that is the lemon curd and turkey sandwich

RAMA February 25 2013 11:49 PM

:wtf:wtf

Lumos Ziyal February 26 2013 12:11 AM

Peanut butter and jelly, pb and pickles, pb on an apple or banana or carrot, pb swirled into vanilla ice cream or oatmeal... all good.

Peanut butter on a hamburger and a few of the other combos you've all mentioned... I'm getting queasy just reading about them.

Oh, and just for the record, the best pb in the world is the kind with no added sugar or salt. Just plain, naked peanuts. Preferably chunky.

auntiehill February 26 2013 12:18 AM

Meat product of any kind + peanut butter = :barf:

Olive, the Other Reindeer February 26 2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Venardhi wrote: (Post 7731700)
Peanut butter is a great addition to many foods you wouldn't expect. The sweet and saltiness accents spicy or savory foods really well.

Most commercial peanut butters have sugar added (ugh). Peanut butter isn't supposed to taste sweet. The only brand I buy is Laura Scudders Natural Peanut Butter (chunky style), the kind you have to stir and refrigerate to keep the oil from separating. All that's in it is peanuts and a touch of salt.

Quote:

If I need something quick and cheap, I'll throw a spoon-full in some instant noodles (use less water or strain them so when you stir it in it doesn't get too watered down) for a pretty damn tasty meal.
I may actually try that sometime. Sounds like a quick and cheap version of Thai noodles with peanut sauce.

I agree with auntiehill. The only thing peanut butter doesn't go with is MEAT. Ecch.

Rķu rķu, chķu February 26 2013 03:17 AM

One more vote for disgusting. :barf:

In my mind, there are two kinds of food in the entire world: Salty and sweet. Only rarely shall the twain ever meet. And definitely not in this case.

Peanut butter should be put on sandwiches, and possibly on celery, but not much else. Definitely not on hamburgers.

This is almost as bad as chili-flavored chocolate and apple pie with cheddar cheese. Both of those are more disgusting than this (although not much more!).

That being said: PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! :D