The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=204316)

JirinPanthosa February 24 2013 12:28 AM

Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Would it have been better to have that later in the season and have her die because Worf decided to get the Cardassian operative?

That would have been a less random throwaway way for her to die, more dramatically interesting, and more in character for Worf.

HaventGotALife February 24 2013 12:39 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
I would've liked it if Worf loses them both because of his indecisiveness. That's the dark Trek showing that Worf walks a tightrope and sometimes it doesn't work out for him.

EnterpriseClass February 24 2013 01:05 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Yes that would have been so much better than the "Tasha Yar death part 2" that poor Jadzia got.

dub February 24 2013 02:02 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
If we're playing this from the standpoint of knowing she had to leave the show and killing her off is the only option, then I think it would have been beautiful for her to die in "Change of Heart." I loved the scenes with her and Worf. I know that's too early and it's not really part of the story that unfolds toward the end of the season, but I was even thinking as I watched it...if she dies, this is going to be heart-wrenching.

StarMan February 24 2013 02:36 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
That's one episode I haven't re-watched in years (will remedy that this afternoon). But from what I remember, yes. Her death in the finale was a contrived and crappy way for the character to go out.

heavy lids February 24 2013 03:28 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Yes.

Seven of Five February 24 2013 11:12 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Hell yes.

I found it weird where she had two near-death experiences that season (the one in Rocks and Shoals maybe not being as bad as the one in Change of Heart), but then the writers decide that they are actually going to kill her off.

So, the idea is repetitive by the time it happens in Tears of the Prophets, and of course it's a total botch. The should have either just reassigned her, or if death was the only option, then they could have killed her in a Dominion attack.

HaventGotALife February 24 2013 09:59 PM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Quote:

Seven of Five wrote: (Post 7724047)
Hell yes.

I found it weird where she had two near-death experiences that season (the one in Rocks and Shoals maybe not being as bad as the one in Change of Heart), but then the writers decide that they are actually going to kill her off.

So, the idea is repetitive by the time it happens in Tears of the Prophets, and of course it's a total botch. The should have either just reassigned her, or if death was the only option, then they could have killed her in a Dominion attack.

I wish she had died in battle. So it's brought home that these aren't little ships in space. Each one we could do a series around, the bonds of the senior officers, etc. Bring the war home and kill her in battle, not by the hands of the Pah'Wraiths. Preferably in hand-to-hand combat, someone snaps her neck or slits her throat. Something horrific. And they spent the entire 6th season making her a big part of the action in order for us to feel losing her.

USS Intrepid February 24 2013 10:20 PM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Absolutely, and would have been a much better exit for the character.

DalekJim February 24 2013 10:26 PM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Jadzia's death in that episode was but a bruise compared to how much it murdered Dukat's character arc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dukat should have died in Waltz and Jadzia should have died in Change of Heart.

heavy lids February 24 2013 10:53 PM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Quote:

DalekJim wrote: (Post 7725940)
Dukat should have died in Waltz and Jadzia should have died in Change of Heart.

Hell yes.

Takeru February 25 2013 12:46 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
No, I like that Worf said screw it, ignored the mission and saved his wife, it was selfish and not something I expected to happen. She should have had a better death though, I hated how they offed her in the finale, it was so random, she walks into the temple where Dukat just happens to unleash his Pah Wraith superpowers.

teacake February 25 2013 03:44 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
And as he finally got back to her the beating heart sound would have stopped..

timtonruben359 February 26 2013 03:46 AM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
I think it would have been better if Jadzia had died in Change of Heart too. I think I remember Ron D. Moore saying that when the wrote the show they were still in contract negotiations with Terry Farrell and they weren't sure if she wasn't coming back or not.

SwimmingGnu February 26 2013 05:30 PM

Re: Should Jadzia have died in Change Of Heart?
 
Quote:

Takeru wrote: (Post 7726579)
No, I like that Worf said screw it, ignored the mission and saved his wife, it was selfish and not something I expected to happen. She should have had a better death though, I hated how they offed her in the finale, it was so random, she walks into the temple where Dukat just happens to unleash his Pah Wraith superpowers.

Agreed, she deserved a more honorable death.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.