The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Who Should Play Copernicus? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=203920)

Hyfen_Underskor February 19 2013 07:17 PM

Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
As far as appearance, if that were a significance, I would choose Nick Nolte:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ni...Kopernikus.jpg

He certainly has an intensity, but I'm not sure that kind of intensity would work with a possible movie (Whether it's in the works or not, I don't know).

I would choose Richard Dreyfuss or Robin Williams. They would/add humor to the movie, and they both are good at personally driven roles. They're both good at playing the role of someone with a purpose.

sojourner February 19 2013 07:24 PM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
Just about any good actor would be a good pick. It's not like Copernicus brings an associated image to mind like if you ask someone who should play Superman.

Asbo Zaprudder February 19 2013 09:02 PM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
Nick Nolte has the enormous chin, I guess. Robin Williams - god, no. But what's exciting about Copernicus? De revolutionibus orbium coelestium wasn't even published until about the time of his death, so the Inquisition couldn't get their hands on him. In fact, the Catholic church showed very little interest in undermining the heliocentric theory until the time of Galileo, 60 years or so later.

The Borgified Corpse February 20 2013 03:33 AM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
Quote:

Asbo Zaprudder wrote: (Post 7703998)
In fact, the Catholic church showed very little interest in undermining the heliocentric theory until the time of Galileo, 60 years or so later.

This is why the role would be so hard to cast. Actors don't believe in heliocentrism. Most leading men view themselves as the center of the universe.

Avon February 20 2013 03:47 AM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
phil collins

Flying Spaghetti Monster February 20 2013 04:48 AM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
A good dog. Like one born in the late 40's, early 50's. A dog that has a mad scientist as an owner

Hyfen_Underskor February 20 2013 09:15 AM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
Quote:

Asbo Zaprudder wrote: (Post 7703998)
Nick Nolte has the enormous chin, I guess. Robin Williams - god, no. But what's exciting about Copernicus? De revolutionibus orbium coelestium wasn't even published until about the time of his death, so the Inquisition couldn't get their hands on him. In fact, the Catholic church showed very little interest in undermining the heliocentric theory until the time of Galileo, 60 years or so later.

Unfortunately a movie like this could turn out to be along the lines of "Inherit The Wind". The Scopes Monkey Trial apparently wasn't viewed as interesting enough, so a very loosely related movie took it's place.

marksound February 20 2013 09:21 AM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
Quote:

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: (Post 7705861)
A good dog. Like one born in the late 40's, early 50's. A dog that has a mad scientist as an owner

Ya beat me to it. :lol:

Owain Taggart February 20 2013 08:52 PM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
Christopher Walken. The shape of his face and facial features are very similar.

The Borgified Corpse February 23 2013 10:21 PM

Re: Who Should Play Copernicus?
 
Quote:

Carcazoid wrote: (Post 7706446)
Quote:

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: (Post 7705861)
A good dog. Like one born in the late 40's, early 50's. A dog that has a mad scientist as an owner

Ya beat me to it. :lol:

Me too. But then, it doesn't take an Einstein.;)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.