The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Soundtrack Release for Star Trek Into Darkness ?? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=203896)

Nero's Shadow February 19 2013 11:00 AM

Soundtrack Release for Star Trek Into Darkness ??

Does anyone know when the new soundtrack is coming out. I live in the UK and will probably download it off iTunes but I'm just dying to know when it's released.?? Hopefully the titles of each track won't give to much away ????

SalvorHardin February 19 2013 12:04 PM

Re: Soundtrack Release for Star Trek Into Darkness ??

I haven't heard anything about a release date yet, we don't even know if Giacchino is done creating it.

As for the titles, knowing Giacchino it will be a mix of spoilers and weirdness.

M'Sharak February 19 2013 07:44 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, the soundtrack for the last one was released just as the the movie opened for general release, so it might not be unreasonable to suppose the same will happen this time around.

I don't recall what the lead time was last time for advance purchase, but the DVDs and Blu-Rays for Into Darkness are still on "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" status. I expect that'll be changing pretty soon.

RandyS February 19 2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 7703725)
If I'm remembering correctly, the soundtrack for the last one was released just as the the movie opened for general release, so it might not be unreasonable to suppose the same will happen this time around.

Exactly. The movie is three months away. The soundtrack (as well as other tie-in merchandise) most likely won't bee seen until around the same time, give or take a week.

I've NEVER heard of a movie soundtrack being released three months ahead of time.

Nero's Shadow February 19 2013 10:27 PM

Thanks guys I can remember when Star Wars the phantom Menace come out the soundtrack came out a month early and one of the titles of one track was about the death of a main character gutted me as I'd not seen the film so in a way it spoilt it for me !! Lets hope they don't do the same for into darkness !!!

MisterPL February 21 2013 06:32 PM

I expect to read track titles like:

Khan-stant Sorrow
Khan-ventional Wisdom
After-Noonien Delight
Some-Singh Went Wrong
Sittin' on the Dock of the Botany Bay

... only to have Khan show up in that one, brief cameo at the end of the flick. :rolleyes:

Kpnuts February 22 2013 01:51 AM

I hope they keep the first movie's theme tune for this film, the one when the title appeared, or when we first saw the Enterprise in spacedock etc...

Jeyl February 22 2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Kpnuts wrote: (Post 7714285)
I hope they keep the first movie's theme tune for this film, the one when the title appeared, or when we first saw the Enterprise in spacedock etc...

Or pretty much any scene period.

M'Sharak February 22 2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Jeyl wrote: (Post 7715881)
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that Kpnuts was referring to "Enterprising Young Men".

But then, you probably knew that.

The Stig February 22 2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 7716754)
Quote:

Quote:

It's a very evocative piece. The arrangement that played over the Titan scene gives me goosebumps every single time. It's as if Giacchino managed to put "Star Trek, fuck yeah!" into symphonic form.

Nero's Shadow February 24 2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

The Stig wrote: (Post 7718002)
Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 7716754)
Quote:

It's a very evocative piece. The arrangement that played over the Titan scene gives me goosebumps every single time. It's as if Giacchino managed to put "Star Trek, fuck yeah!" into symphonic form.

Always thought the main title and that music was amazing !!! I've got enterprising young men as my ringtone on my phone !!! Love that music when kirk Spock pike and sulu are heading out to the shuttle to do the space jump dive !! And how the enterprise seems so busy and ready for action !!! Love it !!!!

CaptainMurdock February 25 2013 02:01 AM

I can't wait for this soundtrack either. This and Giacchino's score for the new Star Trek game sounds promising. :)

Hartzilla2007 February 25 2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Well they used it in the 9 min preview thing, so unless the movie version uses different music ( though I doubt they would) it's in there at least once. Besides I do think they reuse theme tunes in sequels.

Andymator February 25 2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

MisterPL wrote: (Post 7712512)
I expect to read track titles like:

Khan-stant Sorrow
Khan-ventional Wisdom
After-Noonien Delight
Some-Singh Went Wrong
Sittin' on the Dock of the Botany Bay

*slow clap*

SalvorHardin February 25 2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Hartzilla2007 wrote: (Post 7727884)
Quote:

Well they used it in the 9 min preview thing, so unless the movie version uses different music ( though I doubt they would) it's in there at least once. Besides I do think they reuse theme tunes in sequels.

I think I heard that the music on the 9 minute preview was supposed to be temporary, since Giacchino hadn't started work on the soundtrack yet. So it might end up changing in the final film.
Though I did like the tune in the Mickey scenes.