The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   VOY: #7 Ghost Of A Chance (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=203836)

tomswift2002 February 18 2013 05:51 PM

VOY: #7 Ghost Of A Chance

Published: April 1996
Written by Mark A. Garland & Charles G. McGraw (is this the same McGraw who's a country singer?)
Memory Beta Info

I remember having read this book back around the turn of the millennium (1999-2001), but I don't really recall all that much, so I decided to re-read this story.

According to the timeline in "Voyages of Imagination", the book takes place just after Non Sequitur (VOY) and The Way Of The Warrior (DS9) in 2372, so this was the first Second Season Voyager novel to be published.

tomswift2002 March 1 2013 12:53 PM

Re: VOY: #7 Ghost Of A Chance

I'm about half-way through and it's interesting how in this book Voyager, while having the tactical superiority, is actually handicap due to a lot of damage. Plus it's interesting to see Chakotay in command while Janeway's MIA.

Kopernikus March 1 2013 06:08 PM

Perhaps a Mod could change the Thread-Title and the Poll, so that it can be included in the automated Ranking-System?

T'Bonz March 2 2013 03:18 AM

We can't edit polls.

tomswift2002 March 5 2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Kopernikus wrote: (Post 7748269)
Perhaps a Mod could change the Thread-Title and the Poll, so that it can be included in the automated Ranking-System?

What's wrong with the "Thread-Title"? It accurately describes the book.

JD March 5 2013 05:33 AM

I think for it to be included on Sho's ratings website it needs to share a similar title and poll options. He uses some kind of an program or something that picks up on that stuff.

tomswift2002 March 6 2013 06:26 PM

Last I checked for "Allegiance In Exile" and "Devil's Bargain" they start with TOS: and then th book name. Aside from the fact that those books don't have any numbers (unlike "Ghost Of A Chance") the only missing thing is the author's name. But maybe someone could create a sticky post that has links o all the book discussions based on series.

ronny March 6 2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Kopernikus wrote: (Post 7748269)

Are we sure anything is wrong? Sho's page says "Only threads with at least 4 votes are listed in the table." and so far there's at least that reason for the poll not showing up.

Defcon March 6 2013 07:18 PM

I guess Sho will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "trigger words" for his search algorithm are "review thread".

@ronny:
If that would be the case if would be listed below the table without an average score.

ronny March 8 2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Defcon wrote: (Post 7768174)
@ronny:
If that would be the case if would be listed below the table without an average score.

Thanks, I didn't know it worked that way.