The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=203662)

Gil T.Azell February 16 2013 09:10 PM

Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

..Returning???

EnsignRicky February 16 2013 10:52 PM

Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

Oh no!! I've been spoiled.

Gaith February 17 2013 12:14 AM

No one cares about Space Wars anymore, man. It's the 2010s.

davejames February 17 2013 02:56 AM

Frankly I'm more excited at the possibility of seeing the Millennium Falcon again.

JarodRussell February 17 2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

davejames wrote: (Post 7693033)
Frankly I'm more excited at the possibility of seeing the Millennium Falcon again.

Updated for newer audiences of course.

EnsignRicky February 17 2013 05:39 AM

The Millennium iCon

sojourner February 17 2013 05:40 AM

^We'll finally get to see it with all the body cladding that was missing, like the Y-Wings in the Clone Wars cartoons.

intrinsical February 17 2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 7693069)
Quote:

With a blindingly white interior and lots of lens flares.

theenglish February 17 2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

intrinsical wrote: (Post 7693540)
Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 7693069)
Quote:

With a blindingly white interior and lots of lens flares.

It is nice that these guys are coming back to provide continuity, but I certainly hope that this movie does not fall into the trap of including too much from the old movies. It would be nice to see Han as a general or something, or Luke as a wise jedi master, but the story needs to be carried by a younger cast playing the next generation.

sojourner February 17 2013 05:18 PM

OH, it will most likely be a "pass the torch" situation. I highly doubt Han, Luke and Leia will be the main protagonists. Well, one of them may be the "old man" of whatever adventuring group is formed.

Shawnster February 17 2013 05:26 PM

Yes, as someone else suggested, I wouldn't mind seeing Luke as the "Obi-Wan" character. Leia, Lando, Han and Chewie could work well in the background or maybe only one scene or so. I can see a problem with trying to shoehorn in EVERY character, such as Force Ghosts Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anikan, etc...

JarodRussell February 17 2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

sojourner wrote: (Post 7694689)
OH, it will most likely be a "pass the torch" situation. I highly doubt Han, Luke and Leia will be the main protagonists. Well, one of them may be the "old man" of whatever adventuring group is formed.

How I hate passing the torch movies.

sojourner February 17 2013 06:27 PM

I like them better than movies where the lead is obviously too old for the part. (Que 1980's Roger Moore as 007)

davejames February 17 2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Shawnster wrote: (Post 7694716)
Yes, as someone else suggested, I wouldn't mind seeing Luke as the "Obi-Wan" character. Leia, Lando, Han and Chewie could work well in the background or maybe only one scene or so. I can see a problem with trying to shoehorn in EVERY character, such as Force Ghosts Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anikan, etc...

Yeah, I wouldn't want every OT character thrown in there, but I'm okay with Han, Chewie, Luke, and Leia (although from her recent "open letter", it sounds like Fisher will probably be the one hold-out).

CorporalCaptain February 17 2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

davejames wrote: (Post 7695253)
Quote:

Shawnster wrote: (Post 7694716)

Yeah, I wouldn't want every OT character thrown in there, but I'm okay with Han, Chewie, Luke, and Leia (although from her recent "open letter", it sounds like Fisher will probably be the one hold-out).

Her bitter letter can be found at http://bullettmedia.com/article/char...princess-leia/.