The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   nBSG: Michael Trucco's Accident and Anders' Storyline (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=203575)

Robert D. Robot February 15 2013 07:13 PM

nBSG: Michael Trucco's Accident and Anders' Storyline

I have read that Michael Trucco was injured in a car accident in 2007. I am assuming that, although he was able to continue in his role on nBSG, his spinal injury prevented him from acting and moving at his full potential and that is why he went into the 'Tub'. (Maybe I am wrong on this last assumption-- I do not know).

I am assuming that the actor's unfortunate injury may have given one/some of the writers an idea of how to shape the course of the developing revelations of the story of the Final Five.

I get the idea that the 'resolution' and ending of the series kind of got made up as they went along towards the end. Has anyone ever heard if there had been a plot line they were following initially that got abandoned in favor of using Anders as they did?

Sindatur February 15 2013 07:23 PM

Re: nBSG: Michael Trucco's Accident and Anders' Storyline

Quote:

Robert D. Robot wrote: (Post 7687888)
I have read that Michael Trucco was injured in a car accident in 2007. I am assuming that, although he was able to continue in his role on nBSG, his spinal injury prevented him from acting and moving at his full potential and that is why he went into the 'Tub'. (Maybe I am wrong on this last assumption-- I do not know).

I am assuming that the actor's unfortunate injury may have given one/some of the writers an idea of how to shape the course of the developing revelations of the story of the Final Five.

I get the idea that the 'resolution' and ending of the series kind of got made up as they went along towards the end. Has anyone ever heard if there had been a plot line they were following initially that got abandoned in favor of using Anders as they did?

He had full mobility in V remake in 2010, so, if he lost any mobility from the accident, it wasn't very long. Also, if the accident occurred in 2007, there would be BSG episodes filmed after his accident, where he wasn't in the tub, I believe. Also, sitting in/gettng in (and out of) that tub like that, most likely wouldn't be very comfortable for someone with a crippling back injury

Robert D. Robot February 15 2013 09:46 PM

^ I believe that you are correct about him filming a few episodes after the accident in which the actor appears OK and is walking around (I did just read that he did make a good recovery from an injury that apparently was something like the injury that Christopher Reeves had.).

I guess I am wondering if the accident triggered an idea in the writer's minds about having an injury happen to Anders that would dovetail into the developing story line. It is probably not too likely to find out if this is the case- not sure how much is out there that has been written about the 'creative process' (Ha Ha....)they went through to write the final episodes to wrap up the show.

Thank you for your thoughts, Sindatur. I think we have satisfied my own question whether the production had to put Truccio into the Tub because he was an injured actor who -nevertheless- still wished to be part of the final episodes.

Mr. Laser Beam February 16 2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 7687918)
He had full mobility in V remake in 2010, so, if he lost any mobility from the accident, it wasn't very long.

He was on an episode of Law & Order: SVU in 2008 (aired in December, probably filmed in the spring or thereabouts), and there were no obvious signs of injury.

Robert D. Robot February 16 2013 08:20 PM

I did a little more digging and found that Trucco had a fast recovery that even the doctors were amazed with and he was out of the hospital in just 5 days! Also, the accident happened near the beginning of that writer's strike, so he had a good amount of time to recover before filming started up again.

I still can't help but wonder, though, if it was Trucco's accident that gave the writers the idea to have Anders 'thrown in the vat' as an integral part of the storyline....

Awesome Possum February 18 2013 01:37 AM

I remember reading that even though the car flipped that he walked away from the crash and waited for help to arrive.

Robert Maxwell February 18 2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Robert D. Robot wrote: (Post 7691497)
I did a little more digging and found that Trucco had a fast recovery that even the doctors were amazed with and he was out of the hospital in just 5 days! Also, the accident happened near the beginning of that writer's strike, so he had a good amount of time to recover before filming started up again.

I still can't help but wonder, though, if it was Trucco's accident that gave the writers the idea to have Anders 'thrown in the vat' as an integral part of the storyline....

What I recall being written into the show was the rather nasty scar he got from it--which is why he got shot during the Gaeta/Zarek coup, got his head shaved, etc.

Robert D. Robot February 18 2013 05:54 AM

^ Interesting-- Thank you!

Candlelight February 21 2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Robert D. Robot wrote: (Post 7691497)
I did a little more digging and found that Trucco had a fast recovery that even the doctors were amazed with and he was out of the hospital in just 5 days!

I could so come up with a geeky explanation as to why... but it's too early in the morning...

Awesome Possum February 21 2013 04:16 AM

I think he might really be a cylon.