The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Entertainment Weekly Star Trek Into Darkness Issue (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=202810)

TrekToday February 7 2013 08:40 PM

Entertainment Weekly Star Trek Into Darkness Issue

In this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly, Star Trek into Darkness is featured. Five new photos from the movie are included in the issue, including J.J. Abrams and Alex Kurtzman, Zoe Saldana, Benedict Cumberbatch with redshirts, Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto, and Kirk in danger! “We give you an exclusive first look at the space [...]

More...

Joerib February 7 2013 09:27 PM

Re: Entertainment Weekly Star Trek Into Darkness Issue

Spoiler??????????????

http://www.blastr.com/2013-2-7/did-c...st-get-spoiled

BillJ February 7 2013 09:32 PM

Was going to grab the issue on my iPad. But I'm not paying five bucks for the digital version.

Admiral Buzzkill February 7 2013 10:13 PM

Yep, EW spoiled it.

Sindatur February 7 2013 10:16 PM

I'm not buying it. No one's seen the movie yet, Etertainment Weekly doesn't know this information, someone just put up the most viral rumor.

Admiral Buzzkill February 7 2013 10:22 PM

Of course EW knows it. Lots of people in the business know.

SalvorHardin February 7 2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Here is what is said about Khan in the actual EW cover story written by Geoff Boucher:
Unconfirmed rumors suggest that Harrison also goes by the name of Khan, the genetically upgraded tyrant portrayed by Ricardo Montalban in a February 1967 episode of the original series, as well as in 1982′s big-screen Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

http://trekmovie.com/2013/02/07/did-...ty-not-really/

DalekJim February 7 2013 11:10 PM

The "rumour" is so strong now that audiences will be confused if he isn't Khan.

But I totally think he is. Unless he isn't.

Masquerade February 7 2013 11:49 PM

I think Cumberbatch will deliver a compelling performance in a movie I am sure to go see, and I'm not sure if I actually care who he's playing.

BillJ February 8 2013 12:45 AM

Maybe Cumberbatch is playing Jerry Kahn, a delicatessen owner from Milwaukee who got busted selling spoiled meat to school children. He was so ashamed he changed his name and ran off to Starfleet?

Matt S February 8 2013 01:05 AM

Cumberpatch as Khan is fucking stupidly horrible. Great actor, talented mo-fo no question, but he aint fucking Khan. Khan wasn't a British born/looking dude. Is this an alternative timeline or alternative universe? Uhura is black, so why is Khan white? No fucking sense whatsoever.

Honestly, not only am i bummed he's Khan and not an original character, I actually feel betrayed....all this assuming EW is accurate, which I also assume they are

Devon February 8 2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Matt S wrote: (Post 7654612)
Cumberpatch as Khan is fucking stupidly horrible. Great actor, talented mo-fo no question, but he aint fucking Khan. Khan wasn't a British born/looking dude. Is this an alternative timeline or alternative universe? Uhura is black, so why is Khan white? No fucking sense whatsoever

Yeah!!! Let's go off of second hand information and have a stroke over it!

BTW, E.W. has updated that webpage to say "Kirk & SPOCK"

So simmer down, have a coke and a smile.

F. King Daniel February 8 2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Cumberpatch as Khan is fucking stupidly horrible. Great actor, talented mo-fo no question, but he aint fucking Khan. Khan wasn't a British born/looking dude. Is this an alternative timeline or alternative universe? Uhura is black, so why is Khan white? No fucking sense whatsoever.

Honestly, not only am i bummed he's Khan and not an original character, I actually feel betrayed....all this assuming EW is accurate, which I also assume they are

But is truKhan Latino or Indian??

SalvorHardin February 8 2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

King Daniel wrote: (Post 7654651)
Quote:

Who knows what the scientists put in the mixer when they were experimenting, or who and how many did they have in that big orgy called "selective breeding" :p

Matt S February 8 2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

SalvorHardin wrote: (Post 7654687)
Quote:

King Daniel wrote: (Post 7654651)
Quote:

Who knows what the scientists put in the mixer when they were experimenting, or who and how many did they have in that big orgy called "selective breeding" :p

Weak....and my nerd rage is 'assuming' EW isn't full of NUTS