The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=202804)

indianatrekker26 February 7 2013 08:30 PM

Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
http://www.newsarama.com/film/star-t...an-theory.html This is over at Newsarama. Not really spoilers. Just an interesting theory this guy came up for the identity of Cumberbatch's character. I find it extremely interesting.

BillJ February 7 2013 08:38 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 

SalvorHardin February 7 2013 08:49 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Allegedly EW spoiled who Cumberbatch really is



I'm getting this at their page

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...pse062a881.png


so I don't know if the spoiler pic is a fake, if they edited it to remove the spoiler or if it was just a mistake since that theory is popular.

MadMan1701A February 7 2013 09:00 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Quote:

SalvorHardin wrote: (Post 7653391)
Allegedly EW spoiled who Cumberbatch really is



I'm getting this at their page

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...pse062a881.png


so I don't know if the spoiler pic is a fake, if they edited it to remove the spoiler or if it was just a mistake since that theory is popular.

I must have missed the original picture...Who did they allege him to be?

-Ricky

SalvorHardin February 7 2013 09:05 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Quote:

MadMan1701A wrote: (Post 7653439)
I must have missed the original picture...Who did they allege him to be?
-Ricky

Doesn't the image under the spoiler tag load?

It was saying he's

Cinema Geekly February 7 2013 09:36 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
It's not just an image.

The whole thing is still on the EW web site if you know where to look.

ahem..... http://backissues.ew.com/storefront/...20130215A.html

SalvorHardin February 7 2013 09:38 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Quote:

Cinema Geekly wrote: (Post 7653646)
It's not just an image.

The whole thing is still on the EW web site if you know where to look.

ahem..... http://backissues.ew.com/storefront/...20130215A.html

Ah, cool.
Still, I wonder if they actually know something or they're just going with the popular theory.

BillJ February 7 2013 09:41 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Quote:

SalvorHardin wrote: (Post 7653664)
Quote:

Cinema Geekly wrote: (Post 7653646)
It's not just an image.

The whole thing is still on the EW web site if you know where to look.

ahem..... http://backissues.ew.com/storefront/...20130215A.html

Ah, cool.
Still, I wonder if they actually know something or they're just going with the popular theory.

I'm thinking popular theory. They blow Abrams surprise and they probably wouldn't be welcome around his future productions.

Cinema Geekly February 7 2013 09:43 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
I'd have to assume they know something. I don't think a big time entertainment mag would make such assumptions like say IMDB.

Plus I would think that JJ and company would have a big problem with this either way due to the wide circulation, but everything was kind of pointing onwards Khan being involved all along.

Franklin February 7 2013 09:47 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Quote:

Cinema Geekly wrote: (Post 7653709)
I'd have to assume they know something. I don't think a big time entertainment mag would make such assumptions like say IMDB.

Plus I would think that JJ and company would have a big problem with this either way due to the wide circulation, but everything was kind of pointing onwards Khan being involved all along.

It could've also been a sloppy headline writer for the webpage, especially if the print issue mentions nothing.

So, I wonder if there are any definitive mentions of the name in the print issue? I wonder if lawyers are being consulted by certain executives, directors, and publishers right now? I wonder if this was an intentional leak? I wonder if someone just got fired?

Ryan8bit February 7 2013 09:49 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Why does "Voyage into the new Star Trek Kirk & Khan" make it sound like Fantastic Voyage?

From the OP article:
Quote:

If Abrams pulls the rug out from under moviegoers and the villain is revealed to be utterly unrelated to Khan, there will be a letdown, even for fans indifferent to it being Khan
I'm pretty sure fans who are indifferent by definition don't really care who it is. And even if he isn't Khan, is anybody here actually going to be let down?

BillJ February 7 2013 09:49 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Quote:

Franklin wrote: (Post 7653727)
I wonder if someone just got fired?

Firing someone pretty much confirms its true. They'll just quietly sweep it under the rug as a mistake. :techman:

Cinema Geekly February 7 2013 09:54 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Quote:

Ryan8bit wrote: (Post 7653733)
Why does "Voyage into the new Star Trek Kirk & Khan" make it sound like Fantastic Voyage?

From the OP article:
Quote:

If Abrams pulls the rug out from under moviegoers and the villain is revealed to be utterly unrelated to Khan, there will be a letdown, even for fans indifferent to it being Khan
I'm pretty sure fans who are indifferent by definition don't really care who it is. And even if he isn't Khan, is anybody here actually going to be let down?

I guess it depends on the indifference. It being Khan is indifferent to me because it doesn't have to be Khan for me to see the film. I'm going no matter what.

That being said I expect it to be Khan or in some way related. All of the breadcrumbs seem to indicate that.

Usually people hate blatant swerving.

Admiral Buzzkill February 7 2013 10:17 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 

Sindatur February 7 2013 10:23 PM

Re: Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory
 
Quote:

My Name Is Legion wrote: (Post 7653919)

I know exactly what it says, I'm just not buying that they actually know anything. I think that's just a sloppy web editor, it may turn to be the case, but, I don't believe they have any actual knowledge to support that blurb. Why would JJ choose now to reveal that? It makes no sense to me


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.