The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Enterprise (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My plan for the new TREK movie [NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!] (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=202267)

Keith1701 February 2 2013 02:06 PM

My plan for the new TREK movie [NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!]

As of us know, Star Trek Into the Darkness will be released on May 13, 2013 in Theaters. My plan and challenge for all of us is to watch all the series up to the day of new movie release. I planning on starting this with Star Trek Enterprise, since it was suppose to take place before TOS. For me, this will real easy since I have all 4 seasons of Star Trek Enterprise on DVD.

I'm starting my voyage or challenge on March 01, 2013, Will anybody else join me?

King Daniel Into Darkness February 2 2013 02:28 PM

Re: My plan for the new TREK movie

It's Star Trek Into Darkness. No "the" :p

I rewatched all of Enterprise after the last movie. For this one, I'm reading
Co-writer Bob Orci mentioned he was reading them while writing the movie script.

Friendly reminder from your unspoiled Moderator: Keep any ST2013 plot details, whether rumored or confirmed, under your hats and your spoiler tags until further notice. Some of us are having a go at trying to remain unspoiled. Thanks. --HR

Melakon February 2 2013 09:10 PM

Re: My plan for the new TREK movie [NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!]

I will have to decline, as I do not have all episodes from any of the series nor the funds to buy them. In 1994, I would have done it without a second thought. Sucks being poor.

Shatinator February 3 2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7629424)
I will have to decline, as I do not have all episodes from any of the series nor the funds to buy them. In 1994, I would have done it without a second thought. Sucks being poor.

Actually,

We no longer need to "own" the episodes to enjoy them, you are able to watch whole episodes, legally and free on StarTrek.com and other sites.

FYI

Melakon February 3 2013 03:09 AM

Yeah, but being poor still sucks. Life was better when I could deposit the checks, buy whatever I wanted (within reason), and not worry about balancing the checkbook for eight years.

Keith1701 February 3 2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Shatinator wrote: (Post 7630876)
Quote:

Actually,

We no longer need to "own" the episodes to enjoy them, you are able to watch whole episodes, legally and free on StarTrek.com and other sites.

FYI

Great Point, and good information too!!!!:)

BillJ February 5 2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

I'm far happier being home with my wife making 30K a year than I ever was when we were both working and bringing home 65K.

Seems like I completely missed my first two kids growing up.

Melakon February 5 2013 02:39 AM

You're getting about twice as much as me then, Bill. That's not counting the 1000% more due to a partner. ;)

Keith1701 February 5 2013 04:55 AM

Question: Do you think, we can watch every episode of Star Trek Enterprise, Star Trek TOS, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, Star Trek Voyager, and all the movies prior to May 17, 2013???:) Even we don't make the goal, that is lots of good entainment in all those episodes.:)

Dukhat February 5 2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Keith1701 wrote: (Post 7640758)
Question: Do you think, we can watch every episode of Star Trek Enterprise, Star Trek TOS, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, Star Trek Voyager, and all the movies prior to May 17, 2013???:) Even we don't make the goal, that is lots of good entainment in all those episodes.:)

We saw your opening post, guy. We get it.

Mach5 February 5 2013 11:41 AM

I watch TOS from time to time, but there's no chance in hell I'll be watching anything else in a foreseeable future. I've seen every episode of every Trek series but TOS at least twice, so that's it for me.

King Daniel Into Darkness February 5 2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Keith1701 wrote: (Post 7640758)

700+ episodes and 11 movies in 101 days? Not if you want to sleep between now and May.:)

Keith1701 February 6 2013 03:51 PM

Well, Starting in March 2013, I plan to watch as many episodes as I can prior to the opening of Star Trek Into the Darkness.:)

Melakon February 6 2013 08:41 PM

All I can now guarantee is I will have definitely watched Enterprise in its entirety by then (unless I croak or something), as my series collection arrived yesterday. :D I might even have it done before March.

teacake February 6 2013 09:58 PM

I've watched them all sooo many times already. Well not TNG, I've only watched that all the way through twice and I'm not watching it again to prep for anything :lol:

I will be watching ST:XI as prep several times before we get the new movie.

I am actually planning on watching some TOS in the near future so that might be a good prep. Though I have seen TOS far more than the other series I have seen it longer ago so the refresh will probably be good for this movie.