The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Weird things we do in our sleep (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=202033)

propita January 31 2013 02:00 AM

Weird things we do in our sleep

Okay, so lately I've noticed that I'm often sleeping on my back with my hands up at my ears, so that my elbows are sticking out.

Does that happen to anyone else and, if so, what is going on? A friend offered that maybe I prefer that position for breathing or heart purposes, since it changes everything about where and how my back is.

Also, I'm waking up in the middle of the night/early morning stretching. The good kind of stretching, not the over-done stretching that causes cramps. A couple of times a night now. I didn't see anything helpful online, most complain of severe pain.

I'm getting very strange in my old age. It's coming up time for my 50,000 mile checkup (I'll be 50 this July).

thestrangequark January 31 2013 02:09 AM

Re: Weird things we do in our sleep

I talk in my sleep, walk in my sleep, and shop online in my sleep.

Santa Claus January 31 2013 02:13 AM

Hell, I'm asleep right now.

Rķu rķu, chķu January 31 2013 02:16 AM

^ Exhausted from all the mounting and finishing?

Santa Claus January 31 2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 7617604)
^ Exhausted from all the mounting and finishing?

It is very difficult to both mount and finish without getting tired, yes.

Seriously though, (as not to invoke propita's wrath for rending asunder her carefully assembled thread topic), I tend to wake up upside down with my legs up against, and hanging over, the couch. Also, I've been known to giggle in my sleep.

thestrangequark January 31 2013 02:19 AM

I've just remembered: as a young child I had a weird tendency to wake up with my pajamas on inside out and backwards -- I was undressing at some point in my sleep and then redressing, badly. This went on from about age 4-7 or 8.

Wintertainment January 31 2013 02:20 AM

i find i wake up with the sheet unhooked from underneath the mattress corners and in a crumpled heap under me leaving my legs and arms on the horrible feeling mattress material. every night. it's weird.

trekkiedane January 31 2013 02:39 AM

I often-times find myself waking up with my legs pulled towards my torso...

Probably because my cat has invaded the part of my bed where they usually have lots of space...

sojourner January 31 2013 03:04 AM

Not when I sleep, but...

When I go to bed and am ready to actually sleep, as opposed to reading or some such, I can usually be out within a minute or two at most. The key part is that I have lie down on my stomach, head to one side on the pillow, arms straight at my side with my feet hanging just over the end of the mattress. Pretty much "planking" on the bed. It's the only way I can get to sleep at night. Odd thing is that naps during the day on the couch have no such requirement.

Coal the Elf January 31 2013 03:06 AM

I tend to drool in my sleep. A friend of mine talks in theirs :lol:. One example: they were talking about what they wanted to fix for dinner the next day. Priceless! :p

Olive, the Other Reindeer January 31 2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

thestrangequark wrote: (Post 7617574)
I talk in my sleep, walk in my sleep, and shop online in my sleep.

I hear the secrets that you keep when you're talking in your sleep. ;)

Naira January 31 2013 04:42 AM

When I was little, I often slept on my back with one of my knees bended and the ancle of my other leg resting on that knee.

Go figure.

thestrangequark January 31 2013 04:55 AM

Quote:

Naira wrote: (Post 7618090)
When I was little, I often slept on my back with one of my knees bended and the ancle of my other leg resting on that knee.

Go figure.

My sister still sleeps like that. It's bizarre!

Captrek January 31 2013 05:04 AM

I sometimes become violent in my sleep, punching or kicking. Fortunately my SO has developed ways to protect herself from my somnambulant strikes while sleeping next to me. Also fortunately, the strikes aren’t all that hard—they can hurt but have never caused injury. They have become much less frequent in the last few years, but still happen from time to time.

thestrangequark January 31 2013 05:09 AM

^My friend does that. She used to punch her boyfriend while they slept, and would wake up to the sound of him moaning. Poor guy. :(