The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   If Picard had commanded the Dominion War... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=201721)

Unwrapped January 27 2013 07:44 PM

If Picard had commanded the Dominion War...

Would it have been shorter? :biggrin:

Mage January 27 2013 09:44 PM

Re: If Picard had commanded the Dominion War...

Right......................

C.E. Evans January 27 2013 09:51 PM

The Dominion would have surrendered just to avoid hearing one of Picard's overbearing speeches.

Keith1701 January 27 2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Unicron wrote: (Post 7599676)
Would it have been shorter? :biggrin:

That was great!!!!!! Thanks for posting it.:)

DalekJim January 27 2013 10:19 PM

"You've just committed an act of utter barbarity. Well done!"

Merry Christmas January 27 2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 7600096)
The Dominion would have surrendered just to avoid hearing one of Picard's overbearing speeches.

First season Picard would have beat them to it, by surrendering first.

DalekJim January 27 2013 10:39 PM

Kirk would have seduced the Female Changeling and stopped the war.

Picard would have been unwilling to put aside his moral code to get the job done and have failed.

Janeway would have been a flakey psycho that ends up initiating a Ferengi holocaust because she had period pains.

Bakula would have helped Weyoun realise his potential as a baseball player. He then leaps to his next body, hoping it'll be that last leap home...

Abramsverse Kirk would have been too blinded by lens flare and end up crashing the Defiant in to Bajor as a result.

Nagisa Furukawa January 27 2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

DalekJim wrote: (Post 7600300)
Kirk would have seduced the Female Changeling and stopped the war.

Picard would have been unwilling to put aside his moral code to get the job done and have failed.

Janeway would have been a flakey psycho that ends up initiating a Ferenghi holocaust because she had period pains.

Bakula would have helped Weyoun realise his potential as a baseball player. He then leaps to his next body, hoping it'll be that last leap home...

Abramsverse Kirk would have been too blinded by lens flare and end up crashing the Defiant in to Bajor as a result.

Sinclair would have given a goofy smile, said some pseudo-Minbari wisdom and called everyone, "Old friend!"

Sheridan would have given a ten minute "My father always told me..." speech before loading the Defiant with nukes and slamming it into the Great Link.

Ivanova would have growled that she's Russian.

Garibaldi would have gotten shit-faced and watched Daffy Duck.

CorporalClegg January 27 2013 11:02 PM

Did I miss something?

What was that whole Riker non sequitur at the beginning all about?

R. Star January 27 2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 7600444)
Did I miss something?

I think Picard is pissed at Riker because he tried to mutiny in one of the earlier recuts. You really gotta watch those in order to get everything.

royalfan5 January 28 2013 12:29 AM

It may have been faster, but Picard probably would have had to have gone native with the JemHadar first.

Ho Ho Homeier January 28 2013 12:41 AM

Picard would still be in conference with the senior staff, trying to decide what action to take. Then, after assembling a fleet, they all would have been neutralized by the Breen's energy draining weapon.

Unwrapped January 28 2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 7600495)
Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 7600444)
Did I miss something?

I think Picard is pissed at Riker because he tried to mutiny in one of the earlier recuts. You really gotta watch those in order to get everything.

Yep. In the clips immediately before #83, Riker staged a coup and left Picard on the saucer section, which then collided with a planet. Unfortunately for Riker, Picard met the Morgan Freeman incarnation of God in the afterlife and was given all his powers. :rommie:

CorporalClegg January 28 2013 01:22 AM

I see... :wtf:

JirinPanthosa January 28 2013 01:48 AM

I don't think Picard would have surrendered or anything like that. But, he is a peacetime captain, not a wartime captain, and he would have been willing to make more concessions in order to prevent a war, and the Dominion would have taken advantage of that.

But then again, if Sisko were commanding the Enterprise they would have gone to war with the Romulans in The Enemy or The Defector. And Picard might have been able to calm down the Klingons in Way of the Warrior.