The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Enterprise (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Did everyone love the three Enterprises scene in TATV? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=201532)

Dream January 26 2013 01:42 AM

Did everyone love the three Enterprises scene in TATV?

It has been years since the series finale, and I promised myself that I will never watch TATV ever again because of how disappointed I was, but I have to say rewatching that final monologue on YT with the three Enterprises and three captains still makes me geek out. It was one of the best moments of the show for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6R3MiAv9ac

How did you feel when you saw the scene for the first time, and do you still feel the same way?

Christopher January 26 2013 01:58 AM

Re: Did everyone love the three Enterprises scene in TATV?

It's the only good part of the episode. It is pretty awesome.

Dr. Sevrin January 26 2013 01:58 AM

I didn't see the episode for the first time until 3 weeks ago, and it left such a bad impression I haven't watched it since. Too much emphasis on the 24th century for my taste, instead of the main characters. Riker and Troi and Picard and Kirk should not have been in there at all. For me, the "Space, the final frontier" bit should have shown only NX-01.

danellis January 26 2013 04:18 AM

I'd not seen that before. Sent shivers down my spine.

dJE

R. Star January 26 2013 05:04 AM

It was a nice little scene, I felt it slighted DS9 and Voyager... though admittedly working them into it would've been awkward at best.

I think would've been a better sendoff if the episode itself was more a celebration of Enterprise's four years as it should've been.

USS Firefly January 26 2013 11:07 AM

My only thought was "so It was only a holo program. ;)
And it was good to see the Enterprise-D again.

teacock January 26 2013 11:22 AM

Just because those three Enterprises smile and eat chicken doesn't make the episode any better.

Mach5 January 26 2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 7593490)
Just because those three Enterprises smile and eat chicken doesn't make the episode any better.

This.

Also, that scene is as much a part of TATV, as Strange New World 30 sec. promo was a part of Broken Bow. :rolleyes:

Dr. Sevrin January 26 2013 12:51 PM

The other problem I had with that scene is it was derivative of something already done in one of those Donald R. Beck documentaries, so it wasn't a new concept for me. And his version included DS9.

rabid bat January 26 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Mach5 wrote: (Post 7593694)
Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 7593490)

This.

Also, that scene is as much a part of TATV, as Strange New World 30 sec. promo was a part of Broken Bow. :rolleyes:

It felt like a rose after the demolition of a house. Here ya go. See, pretty flower! Be happy!

Er, my house is gone.

But it's a really pretty flower!

F. King Daniel January 27 2013 12:27 PM

Nothing could have looked good immediately after that finale. I was more pleased to see Archer walk out into the big stadium Daniels showed him in "Zero Hour" - I was hoping we'd get an angle showing him looking down on himself! But even that scene was somewhat ruined by the facepalm-worthy one-piece costume they put him in.

Saul January 27 2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 7592128)

How did you feel when you saw the scene for the first time, and do you still feel the same way?

I was too f**ked off to feel anything about it.

However it was a nice scene but the whole episode tainted anything I might have felt.

Boo! Did I Scare Ya? January 27 2013 03:13 PM

It was OK but didn't appease the fact that they really screwed up the rest of the episode.

Lucky January 28 2013 12:18 AM

It is one of my favorite parts of the episode.

LOKAI of CHERON January 28 2013 10:30 PM

That scene is wonderful - love it! As for the episode itself, it's certainly fairly weak, but not quite as heinous as many believe. As a mid season filler, I might have given it a pass as a perfunctory effort - but it definitely doesn't cut the mustard as a season/franchise finale.