The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Abrams: Expect To Cry (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=201121)

TrekToday January 22 2013 06:50 PM

Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Fans going to see Star Trek Into Darkness this May should bring along some Kleenex. The villain John Harrison “tears into the fabric of the world and the Enterprise family,” said Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Harrison. “It leaves a trail of devastation.” “There is an insidiousness and ruthlessness and fierce intelligence to [Harrison] that almost [...]

More...

Jackson_Roykirk January 22 2013 07:27 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Quote:

..."Spock is a logical man of cold reason who is run by laws, regulations and prescriptions. Kirk is a guttural, by-the-heart, instinctive and impulsive guy. Those two ways of looking at the world are central to these characters and their journey.”
What about the moral side (i.e., McCoy)?

Ovation January 22 2013 07:32 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Perhaps he'll have his big moment in the next film--confronting Spock and Kirk with the moral dimensions of their actions in the second film. Or not.

Borgminister January 22 2013 07:37 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Well, I teared up at the start of the 09 movie. Guess I'll have to wait until the end of the 13 film... but will they be tears of joy or sorrow?

lurok January 22 2013 07:40 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
If it can match or exceed end of Khan, I'll be happy.

Franklin January 22 2013 07:54 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Despite what they say about the "message" of Roddenberry's optimism being in this film, I don't get the vibe the story ends well.

Franklin January 22 2013 09:00 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Quote:

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: (Post 7574308)
Quote:

..."Spock is a logical man of cold reason who is run by laws, regulations and prescriptions. Kirk is a guttural, by-the-heart, instinctive and impulsive guy. Those two ways of looking at the world are central to these characters and their journey.
What about the moral side (i.e., McCoy)?

Sorry for the double post, but it just occurred to me that there's no reason to believe McCoy's "moral side" is left out. After all, they say all the relationships between all the charcters are tested.
So, I would expect a good argument/shouting match between Kirk and McCoy at some point, and a good go-round between McCoy and Spock, too. At least I hope so. I rather enjoy listening to McCoy carry on.

Urgent Sky January 22 2013 09:24 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Quote:

Franklin wrote: (Post 7574437)
Despite what they say about the "message" of Roddenberry's optimism being in this film, I don't get the vibe the story ends well.

Yeah, I get the impression we're in for a cliffhanger ending.

Sindatur January 22 2013 09:27 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Quote:

Borgminister wrote: (Post 7574362)
Well, I teared up at the start of the 09 movie. Guess I'll have to wait until the end of the 13 film... but will they be tears of joy or sorrow?

He says you'll be tearing up for this one, so, why would you say you have to wait for the next one?

DarthTom January 22 2013 09:40 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Quote:

Borgminister wrote: (Post 7574362)
Well, I teared up at the start of the 09 movie. Guess I'll have to wait until the end of the 13 film... but will they be tears of joy or sorrow?


The only time I've ever teared up in a Star Trek film is in The Wrath of Kahn and the scene where Spock dies and the exchange between Kirk and him.

Garak January 22 2013 09:42 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
There's already a lot of crying and the movie isn't even out yet!

DarthTom January 22 2013 09:51 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Quote:

Garak wrote: (Post 7574968)
There's already a lot of crying and the movie isn't even out yet!

:guffaw: Especially about Starships underwater.

Xaios January 22 2013 10:30 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Quote:

DarthTom wrote: (Post 7575025)
Quote:

Garak wrote: (Post 7574968)
There's already a lot of crying and the movie isn't even out yet!

:guffaw: Especially about Starships underwater.

Indeed. The Enterprise isn't underwater on an alien planet. It's really just bathing in the tears of the butthurt. :lol:

Garak January 22 2013 10:31 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
Quote:

DarthTom wrote: (Post 7575025)
Quote:

Garak wrote: (Post 7574968)
There's already a lot of crying and the movie isn't even out yet!

:guffaw: Especially about Starships underwater.

Also......secrecy!!!!

billcosby January 22 2013 10:34 PM

Re: Abrams: Expect To Cry
 
I'd ready to cry over the ridiculous delay. It should have been out last summer.

Quote:

Urgent Sky wrote: (Post 7574881)
Quote:

Franklin wrote: (Post 7574437)
Despite what they say about the "message" of Roddenberry's optimism being in this film, I don't get the vibe the story ends well.

Yeah, I get the impression we're in for a cliffhanger ending.

Exactly. Let's hope these bumbling fools can get their shit together for a conclusion before the decade is out. I'm not in favor of a god damned 4 year wait between these films.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.