The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Delivery companies (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=200977)

Peach Wookiee January 21 2013 03:10 AM

Delivery companies

Guys, I recently made a purchase at Amazon and I found I knew nothing about the shipping company they're using. It's a company called OnTrac and I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about them. The online reviews are making me more than a tad worried, to the point I've emailed said delivery company and talked with Amazon.

Undead January 21 2013 03:21 AM

Re: Delivery companies

Are you concerned primarily because the reviews aren't necessarily favorable? I'm not familiar with them, but generally Amazon has proven pretty reliable for me.

Ar-Pharazon January 21 2013 03:22 AM

I almost always use 3rd party sellers on Amazon, so I don't think I've gotten stuck with OnTrac. The last time I ordered from Amazon directly, it came USPS direct.

Though, I have had Amazon direct stuff come UPS. I wish those assholes would have multiple choices for shipping on everything.

On ebay, if I have a choice of sellers, I always opt for the one that promises USPS instead of "standard shipping", which usually means a combination of either UPS Store/USPS or DHL/USPS, both of which take at least twice as long as just USPS.

Peach Wookiee January 21 2013 03:34 AM

Because of the overwhelming reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, I am rather concerned, Unicron. While I've learned to take some online reviews with a rather large grain of salt, something like this severely concerns me. OnTrac seems to have grave customer service issues as well. It's enough to worry me.
The funny thing is that my dad ordered something from Amazon using the same shipping method I did and he got his shipment via USPS and very quickly. I can only hope OnTrac's online reputation will not become my reality.

Rainbow Dash January 21 2013 03:37 AM

I found this on their Wiki page:
Quote:

OnTrac offers a Money-Back Service Guarantee[13] that allows its customers to recoup their shipping expenses, in the event of a service failure
Hopefully things go well for you, Peach.

Peach Wookiee January 21 2013 04:26 AM

Thanks, J. Allen. :) Again, with what I've read of their customer service, it seems to be rather difficult to recoup. Amazon is good about giving refunds or replacement, but I'd rather have my stuff right the first time.
Has anyone had a good experience with OnTrac? If so, I'd like to know.

Gaseous Anomaly January 21 2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Peach Wookiee wrote: (Post 7566370)
Because of the overwhelming reviews on Amazon and elsewhere, I am rather concerned, Unicron. While I've learned to take some online reviews with a rather large grain of salt, something like this severely concerns me. OnTrac seems to have grave customer service issues as well. It's enough to worry me.
The funny thing is that my dad ordered something from Amazon using the same shipping method I did and he got his shipment via USPS and very quickly. I can only hope OnTrac's online reputation will not become my reality.

Everything I ordered from Amazon at Christmas time came USPS. I've never heard of OnTrac till now. Hope it all works out for you Peach Wookiee.

Great Pumpkin January 21 2013 05:21 AM

I've never ordered anything shipped through them, but have seen some of their vehicles while out doing deliveries myself. Sorry to have to say this Peach, but they look like they might be a bit fly by night.

Peach Wookiee January 21 2013 05:29 AM

That's what I've seen on the reviews, Ice. I've read that they have their workers use their own cars... :wtf:

Great Pumpkin January 21 2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Peach Wookiee wrote: (Post 7566730)
I've read that they have their workers use their own cars... :wtf:

Not really an issue. Most delivery companies either do this or make their employee's lease or purchase the company vans. FedEx is one of the worst culprits for this.

More of an issue is the fact that they do not look like they are maintained well.

MacLeod January 21 2013 05:48 AM

People are more likely to write a review if it's a neagtive experiance (or one that exceeds expectations) after all if you experiance the service you expect why write something?

Alidar Jarok January 21 2013 06:07 AM

I know one person who had an issue with Amazon. I've never had a problem except when I've purchased a third party source and it was an extremely obscure source. Given the refund guarantees, it's worth getting if it's a cheaper source.

Peach Wookiee January 21 2013 06:41 AM

Hopefully, I'm just reading about nightmare experiences. But goodness... if I am to believe the mountain of reviews, were my family member in charge of their customer service, she'd be making heads roll!

Kestra January 21 2013 09:41 AM

I hadn't heard of them till I moved to CA and had multiple Amazon packages delivered through them. Never had any problems!

Peach Wookiee January 21 2013 08:48 PM

That's a relief, Kestra.