The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Kirk been the Captain. (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=200668)

serenitytrek1 January 17 2013 09:25 PM

Captain Jim Kirk.
 
Okay so we all know that one of the most constructive criticism of the 09 film was that Kirk becomes the captain way too easy. In the second film it has been stated that Kirk will lose his captaincy.

Does anybody else feel that JJ Abrams did this as a response to the fact that many fans gave him a hard time for letting Kirk take the captain's chair so easy in the first place?

JJ Abrams also says that Kirk earns his captaincy in the second film, Does this mean that Kirk loosing the captaincy is a direct response to the criticism by the fans of how Kirk got it so easy in the 09 film or is it just a coincidence (The coincidence been that JJ didnít take the fans criticism into account when making the second film) that Kirk wonít be captain for most part of the second film and will have to earn his post back.

gastrof January 17 2013 10:05 PM

Re: Kirk been the Captain.
 
I'm sorry, but I'm confused by the title of the thread.

What does "Kirk been the Captain" mean?

Did you by any chance mean "being" instead of "been"?

Admiral Buzzkill January 17 2013 10:11 PM

Re: Kirk been the Captain.
 
The answer to all those questions is "No."

And by the way, it has not been established that Kirk will not be the captain of the Enterprise at any point in this movie. Period.

F. King Daniel January 17 2013 10:13 PM

Re: Kirk been the Captain.
 
If anything, they made Kirk captain at the end of STXI in order for their second film's plotline (where he loses his command after making some big mistake) to work.

Into Darkness begins a year after Star Trek ended. If they wanted him out of the command chair ASAP, they'd pick up immediately after the end of ST and demote him then.

serenitytrek1 January 17 2013 10:23 PM

Re: Kirk been the Captain.
 
Quote:

gastrof wrote: (Post 7550239)
I'm sorry, but I'm confused by the title of the thread.

What does "Kirk been the Captain" mean?

Did you by any chance mean "being" instead of "been"?

o sorry..... yeah.

THE Robert Maxwell January 17 2013 10:51 PM

Re: Captain Jim Kirk.
 
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7550026)
Okay so we all know that one of the most constructive criticism of the 09 film was that Kirk becomes the captain way too easy. In the second film it has been stated that Kirk will lose his captaincy.

Does anybody else feel that JJ Abrams did this as a response to the fact that many fans gave him a hard time for letting Kirk take the captain's chair so easy in the first place?

JJ Abrams also says that Kirk earns his captaincy in the second film, Does this mean that Kirk loosing the captaincy is a direct response to the criticism by the fans of how Kirk got it so easy in the 09 film or is it just a coincidence (The coincidence been that JJ didnít take the fans criticism into account when making the second film) that Kirk wonít be captain for most part of the second film and will have to earn his post back.

Absolutely not. Professional writers know better than to base their work on fan criticism.

M'Sharak January 17 2013 11:06 PM

Re: Kirk been the Captain.
 
Asked:
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7550026)
Okay so we all know that one of the most constructive criticism of the 09 film was that Kirk becomes the captain way too easy. In the second film it has been stated that Kirk will lose his captaincy.

Does anybody else feel that JJ Abrams did this as a response to the fact that many fans gave him a hard time for letting Kirk take the captain's chair so easy in the first place?

Answered:
Quote:

My Name Is Legion wrote: (Post 7550284)
The answer to all those questions is "No."

Quote:

Robert Maxwell wrote: (Post 7550563)
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7550026)
...

Absolutely not. Professional writers know better than to base their work on fan criticism.

Grammar Nazi:
Quote:

gastrof wrote: (Post 7550239)
I'm sorry, but I'm confused by the title of the thread.

What does "Kirk been the Captain" mean?

Did you by any chance mean "being" instead of "been"?

And closing.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.