The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies I-X (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar Man (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=200635)

Keith1701 January 17 2013 03:06 PM

Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar Man
 
For Christmas, I got Season 2 of "The Six Million Dollar Man" ~ Starring Lee Majors. When the series first aired, I was still a teenager and didn't not any thing about Harve Bennett.

Harve Bennett was the executive producer for 98 episodes of The Six Million Dollar Man, from 1974 - 1978.

As most of you know, Harve went onto work on the Star Trek movies II ~ V, and I think most of you would agree that he did a great job for Star Trek.:)

DarthTom January 17 2013 03:38 PM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Quote:

Keith1701 wrote: (Post 7548394)
For Christmas, I got Season 2 of "The Six Million Dollar Man" ~ Starring Lee Majors. When the series first aired, I was still a teenager and didn't not any thing about Harve Bennett.

Harve Bennett was the executive producer for 98 episodes of The Six Million Dollar Man, from 1974 - 1978.

As most of you know, Harve went onto work on the Star Trek movies II ~ V, and I think most of you would agree that he did a great job for Star Trek.:)

Meh. Some were good and some IMO were incredibly bad. Star Trek V - aka "ST Trek's search to prove god is a phoney," and that Spock has an emotional brother was far less than stellar. And IMO short of Nemesis was the worst of the Trek films.

Keith1701 January 17 2013 03:41 PM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Quote:

Keith1701 wrote: (Post 7548394)
For Christmas, I got Season 2 of "The Six Million Dollar Man" ~ Starring Lee Majors. When the series first aired, I was still a teenager and didn't not any thing about Harve Bennett.

Harve Bennett was the executive producer for 98 episodes of The Six Million Dollar Man, from 1974 - 1978.

As most of you know, Harve went onto work on the Star Trek movies II ~ V, and I think most of you would agree that he did a great job for Star Trek.:)

By the way, I know that this thread needs to be in the other movie forum, but at this time, I'm not sure "how to" move to the correct thread.

King Daniel Into Darkness January 17 2013 03:54 PM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Us mere mortals cannot do such things. It is up to the demigods like M'Sharak to snap their fingers and foosh! threads between forums.

bbailey861 January 17 2013 05:36 PM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
foosh!....I like it!!

M'Sharak January 17 2013 07:35 PM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
http://i.imgur.com/vVFgU.jpg

--------- foosh! -------->

Keith1701 January 18 2013 12:56 AM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 7549498)
http://i.imgur.com/vVFgU.jpg


--------- foosh! -------->

Thank You, for moving my thread........:)

Josan January 18 2013 01:02 AM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Ah, the perfect thread moving image.

Shame the thread title made me think there was as interview involved. But yes, Bennett was very good for Trek at the time.

Maurice January 18 2013 08:48 AM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
I hate "as you know" threads. Is there a topic for discussion?

King Daniel Into Darkness January 18 2013 06:02 PM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Harve Bennett's impact on Trek was enourmous. It was the subtlely reimagined version of the universe that we first saw in Wrath of Khan, that became the template for every following Trek movie, and every flashback in the TNG era.

All that said, whoever okayed those Space Mountie uniforms was high. They make a nice dress uniform, but for day-to-day duty on a starship? Nu-uh.

Keith1701 January 19 2013 01:23 AM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Quote:

King Daniel wrote: (Post 7554268)
Harve Bennett's impact on Trek was enourmous. It was the subtlely reimagined version of the universe that we first saw in Wrath of Khan, that became the template for every following Trek movie, and every flashback in the TNG era.

All that said, whoever okayed those Space Mountie uniforms was high. They make a nice dress uniform, but for day-to-day duty on a starship? Nu-uh.

I really think that Harve Bennett was great for Six Million Dollar Man, and Star Trek, the last DVD's of Six Million talked how he would hire great people for the show and gave them free rain to do their best for the show. I think the same was true for of the Star Trek movies as well.

Keith1701 January 24 2013 07:14 AM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Quote:

King Daniel wrote: (Post 7554268)
Harve Bennett's impact on Trek was enourmous. It was the subtlely reimagined version of the universe that we first saw in Wrath of Khan, that became the template for every following Trek movie, and every flashback in the TNG era.

All that said, whoever okayed those Space Mountie uniforms was high. They make a nice dress uniform, but for day-to-day duty on a starship? Nu-uh.

I just finished watching season 2 of The Six Million Dollar Man, and I noticed another Star Trek actor in the episode, Gary Lockwood who on the original series episode of "Where No Man Has Gone Before". It was great seeing him another type of role.:)

FormerLurker January 31 2013 07:25 AM

Re: Harve Bennett on the Star Trek movies and The Six Million Dollar M
 
Quote:

Keith1701 wrote: (Post 7556506)
snip ...gave them free rain... snip

Free rain? Where, on their vegetable garden?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.