The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Kirkin' out the Jans (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=200548)

BoredShipCapt'n January 16 2013 08:36 PM

Kirkin' out the Jans

Janet Wallace, Janice Lester, Janice Rand ... Kirk really goes for women named Jan, doesn't he?

'Course he also goes for the Ruths, Ediths, Carols, Gillians, Areels, Deelas, Miramanees, etc.

:p

scotpens January 16 2013 09:11 PM

Re: Kirkin' out the Jans

^^Uh, is there a topic here? :confused:

Nerys Myk January 16 2013 09:24 PM

Kirk likes women named Jan is my guess.

T'Girl January 16 2013 10:25 PM

My impression is that Kirk did not select Janice Rand, she was assigned by others to be his yeoman.

jayrath January 16 2013 10:27 PM

Everyone likes Jan.

Except Marcia.

Nerys Myk January 16 2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

T'Girl wrote: (Post 7545280)
My impression is that Kirk did not select Janice Rand, she was assigned by others to be his yeoman.

Yeah, but he's noticed her, even though he's not allowed to.

Melakon January 16 2013 11:42 PM

No beach to walk on.

Robert D. Robot January 17 2013 12:33 AM

^ But in that same episode ("Naked Time") when Kirk is trying to hold it together as the ship is spiraling in, he actually blurts out the name of his true love: 'Yu'.

So WHO is Yu? An old love from Academy days? Another junior crewmember out of reach? Some alien gal he found who taught him some love -some 'strange love'- that only a star-woman teaches?

"I'll never lose Yu. Never....."

Melakon January 17 2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Robert D. Robot wrote: (Post 7546111)
^ So WHO is Yu?

Yu was a Lazoon from planet Colevio.

And if your screen name isn't an XL5 reference, I've just humiliated myself.

Robert D. Robot January 17 2013 05:09 AM

^ HA! Yes, you got me, Melakon! As a matter of fact, I still have the little plastic figures for Zoonie & Robert from the XL5 play set. I don't know where the Steve Zodiac & Venus figures got off to, but I assume they are enjoying each other's company, perhaps buried at the bottom of a sandbox in my old neighborhood!!

Melakon January 17 2013 05:42 AM

^ XL5 aired in the U.S. on a major network in 1962. It caught my eye immediately because I was already a sci-fi fan and had owned marionettes. I even wrote them a fan letter and they sent back a little 5x7 photo of Steve, Venus, and Robert in Fireball Jr.

scotpens January 17 2013 08:41 AM

I never thought Grace Lee Whitney was that attractive, with or without the upended basket on her head.

Quote:

jayrath wrote: (Post 7545283)
Everyone likes Jan.

Except Marcia.

All day long on this ship I hear how great Marcia is at this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

BoredShipCapt'n January 17 2013 11:37 AM

Thanks for your indulgence. Basically, I just wanted to say "Kirkin' out the Jans." :shrug:

Forbin January 17 2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Robert D. Robot wrote: (Post 7547356)
^ HA! Yes, you got me, Melakon! As a matter of fact, I still have the little plastic figures for Zoonie & Robert from the XL5 play set. I don't know where the Steve Zodiac & Venus figures got off to, but I assume they are enjoying each other's company, perhaps buried at the bottom of a sandbox in my old neighborhood!!

Oh lord, somebody else? I've still got mine too! :)

Robert D. Robot January 17 2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7547446)
^ XL5 aired in the U.S. on a major network in 1962. It caught my eye immediately because I was already a sci-fi fan and had owned marionettes. I even wrote them a fan letter and they sent back a little 5x7 photo of Steve, Venus, and Robert in Fireball Jr.

Wow! How cool is that! I bet that photo is a neat little treasure! Recently my fiance's somewhat-computer-unsavy aunt came to visit and she was talking about TV shows & commercials she watched as a kid. I got on YouTube and found them so she could see them again, THEN I showed her a Fireball XL5 clip to show her my FIRST favorite TV show....