The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Being Human (American Version) - Season 3 (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=200218)

Agent Richard07 January 13 2013 06:33 PM

Being Human (American Version) - Season 3

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...nghuman-s3.jpg

The American version of Being Human returns for a third season on January 14th.
The show airs on Syfy in the U.S. and on Space in Canada.

Greg Cox January 14 2013 12:11 AM

Re: Being Human (American Version) - Season 3

Looking forward to it. I rewatched the Season Two finale the other just to bring myself back up to speed.

"Oh, right, that's where we left off . . . ."

Agent Richard07 January 15 2013 05:36 AM

A decent season premiere. I liked the game changers.

- I can see Sally dying again, but for now, she's back in the flesh. Until it was suggested that the two guys she was with woke up in their coffins, I thought that they were all in Sally's body.

- Looks like the witch will resurrect whatshisface (I have to get these names down), or something like that, thereby absolving Josh of murder and causing him to revert back to being a werewolf.

JD January 15 2013 06:54 AM

This was my first episode of the show, and I really enjoyed it. The story was pretty good, and the characters seem like a lot of fun. When it comes it to Vampire/Werewolves stuff, I think I probably enjoyed this more than I have the last few Vampire Diaries episodes and I've been watching that for a couple years now.

Peacemaker January 15 2013 06:57 AM

I'm not so sure those other two ghosts may not be in there with Sally. It'd be kinda interesting if they are. I can see it now - they bring back Sally, but there are three spirits in there, so they have to find the witch, kill the same guy, and try for a do-over. I wonder if the witch will have some sort of hold over the people she resurrects. That'd be interesting.

JD January 15 2013 07:35 AM

She's definitely up to something, that's for sure.

marillion January 15 2013 05:13 PM

It would be a big plot hole if those two guys wake up in their coffins and look normal... The witch had to rub the salve all over Sally's corpse to make her come back... I vote for the three of them inhabiting her body and part of the season's story line will be getting them back to where they need to be...

LOVED the episode...

RJDiogenes January 15 2013 11:25 PM

I'm pretty sure all three of them are in Sally's body. Nora's remark, I think, was just intended as a red herring. Although, if they wake up in their coffins, they could not look like healthy humans, as marillion says-- they would be more like traditional zombies (albeit with their normal personalities).

I thought this was a great premiere. Lots of curve balls. Josh is cured, Aiden is possibly the last vampire standing and Sally is somewhat alive. I love this show. :D

Peacemaker January 16 2013 12:27 AM

And, of course, the big question: If the guy the witch looks set to raise come back, does that mean the curse on Josh returns?

JD January 16 2013 12:41 AM

^That's what I was wondering too.

RJDiogenes January 16 2013 10:43 AM

I'm guessing that's the case-- he has to get back to being a werewolf somehow.

Guy Gardener January 16 2013 11:50 AM

Why?

They already have a werewolf and we've had two years of watching him stress over being a wolf... time for some thing new.

He's a super genius enough to study magic, if after they get the end around on this witch they come into possession of her grimoire. Hell they might not even have to push her into an oven, before they realize that he's pulling a fast one, she apprentices Josh, or at least points him in the direction of something useful because it amuses her.

RJDiogenes January 16 2013 11:32 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll go back to being a werewolf.

Guy Gardener January 17 2013 12:07 AM

Yeah. Me too.

Fucking status quo.

Technobuilder January 17 2013 06:16 AM

Sad to say, but the American Version took almost no time at all in eclipsing the UK version... as I'm still not a fan of the way things went down in Series 4 of Being Human UK, alas outside factors create problems that just can't be resolved to satisfaction sometimes.

Anywho, that brings the list of Paranormals to 6 now.

Vampires
Werewolves
Ghosts
Mediums
Witches
Zombies