The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sex and the City Prequel: The Carrie Diaries (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=200176)

Agent Richard07 January 13 2013 08:03 AM

Sex and the City Prequel: The Carrie Diaries

Sex and the City has a prequel series and it's called The Carrie Diaries. It's a one-hour drama that airs on CW. The series begins on Jan. 14th.

http://www.cyberspace5.net/agentrich...ophiarobb1.jpg

Quote:

The show focuses on Carrie Bradshaw during her senior year of high school during the early 1980s and part of her life in New York working as a writer. - Wikipedia
Quote:

Sex and the City characters could appear on new prequel series The Carrie Diaries. Carrie showrunner Amy B Harris told The Hollywood Reporter that while the CW drama's only current link to its parent series is Carrie (AnnaSophia Robb) herself, the likes of Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte could appear in future seasons. - 'Carrie Diaries' to introduce 'Sex and the City' characters?

Mr Light January 13 2013 01:59 PM

Re: Sex and the City Prequel: The Carrie Diaries

I never watched the show but doesn't this mean that little girl is going to be a slut who sleeps around with everyone? :o

Avon January 13 2013 02:03 PM

do not want

JoeZhang January 13 2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Mr Light wrote: (Post 7528258)
I never watched the show but doesn't this mean that little girl is going to be a slut who sleeps around with everyone? :o

slut-shaming in action? Don't you read the news or watch anything but sci-fi? If you can find a time machine, leave the 1980s behind and time-travel to 2013 and join the rest of us.

FPAlpha January 13 2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Mr Light wrote: (Post 7528258)

For someone who's never watched the show you sure are informed and non-biased :rolleyes:

Sex and the City was fun in its day but i'm totally uninterested in this one.

the G-man January 13 2013 03:18 PM

Let me know when the they get to the episode where they explain how that tiny nosed, small chinned, girl up there turns into Sarah Jessica Parker. I'm guessing she rode a pony into The Brundlefly chamber

TayLaLaLa January 13 2013 03:46 PM

I have heard some good things about it. Advance Review: The Carrie Diaries Is A Totally Rad Surprise

I actually liked Austin Butler who will play Sebastian Kydd...he was great on 'Life Unexpected' and 'Switched At Birth'. :)

AnnaSophia Robb is cute, so...I will watch at least the first 5 EPs. :p

Forbin January 13 2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

the G-man wrote: (Post 7528459)
Let me know when the they get to the episode where they explain how that tiny nosed, small chinned, girl up there turns into Sarah Jessica Parker. I'm guessing she rode a pony into The Brundlefly chamber

That's a MUCH cleverer way to say what I was going to say. :)

Beagleman January 13 2013 07:21 PM

Not really interested but as a period-piece set in the 80s I'll give it a try...

sojourner January 13 2013 07:43 PM

Yeah, I might watch a few episodes just to see how wrong they get the 80's.

Sheep January 13 2013 08:35 PM

This looks like SatC mashed together with Felicity, particularly with the cab scene they've been showing in the commercials.

Gary Mitchell January 13 2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Forbin wrote: (Post 7528663)
Quote:

the G-man wrote: (Post 7528459)

That's a MUCH cleverer way to say what I was going to say. :)

:lol: Better than my comment too.

billcosby January 13 2013 08:59 PM

I'd love for this to be great, but I ain't seein' it.
Prove me wrong, CW.

Mach5 January 13 2013 09:00 PM

This reminds me of that Gossip Girl spinoff/prequel that never came to be. Oh CW... :(

bigdaddy January 14 2013 12:25 AM

It's not a true prequel to the movies, they are doing their own thing for the show, her dad isn't dead, and she hasn't had sex yet.