The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The COOLEST thing ever! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=199840)

EnsignHarper January 10 2013 05:47 AM

The COOLEST thing ever!

Already ordered mine!

scotpens January 10 2013 06:49 AM

Re: The COOLEST thing ever!

Fifteen dollars plus shipping? Sounds a little steep for a 5-1/2" piece of black and chrome plastic, but then it's basically a hand-made, low-volume product. I hope the guy who's making and selling these things hasn't quit his day job.

Maurice January 10 2013 07:18 AM

Technically, spam.

scotpens January 10 2013 07:29 AM

^^ That depends whether the OP has any financial interest in or connection with the product, doesn't it? Although a bit more of a substantial comment wouldn't hurt.

SonicRanger January 10 2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

EnsignHarper wrote: (Post 7513594)

So very, very far from it.

... says the guy typing a response on a Trek bulletin board on the internet.

EnsignHarper January 10 2013 01:05 PM

NO interest at all in this - personal or financial. Just a fan who something he thought his fellow Trek fans would like. In fact, this was the first time I was ever on Etsy... got directed to this from the good folks at I Live and Breathe Star Trek.

15 bucks is NOT bad for something that is hand made and yes, a unique concept. He also has cool ones like MST3K, TARDIS, and even GOJIRA. It sure beats the awful 'Darwin' things -it is VERY subtle! I love the idea of someone following me, looking at that, and if they are not immediately Trek savvy, wondering about it. :confused:Then maybe the light bulb going on over their head..:evil:

Melakon January 10 2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

EnsignHarper wrote: (Post 7514479)
I love the idea of someone following me, looking at that, and if they are not immediately Trek savvy, wondering about it. :confused:Then maybe the light bulb going on over their head..:evil:

And the guy following you thinks "NCC-1701? WTF? Oh yeah, Star Trek. Frickin' nerd."

EnsignHarper January 10 2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7514746)
Quote:

I love the idea of someone following me, looking at that, and if they are not immediately Trek savvy, wondering about it. :confused:Then maybe the light bulb going on over their head..:evil:

And the guy following you thinks "NCC-1701? WTF? Oh yeah, Star Trek. Frickin' nerd."

That's HIS problem ;)

A beaker full of death January 10 2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7514746)
Quote:

Better than following a damn prius with an Obama2012 bumper sticker. Trekkies never took any money out of my pocket.

Melakon January 10 2013 09:43 PM

I fail to see what your personal politics have to do with this topic. ;)

T'Girl January 11 2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

A beaker full of death wrote: (Post 7516090)
Trekkies never took any money out of my pocket.

Unless you bought the "Trekkies" DVD.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TrickyDickie January 11 2013 01:27 AM

It's okay to show support for Trek that way, but something a little more original would be nice.

Back when I still had my white 1973 Mustang, I sat down one day and wondered what I could do with it to tie it in with Star Trek. I never actually did anything, but one of the ideas I had was to completely re-do the tail lights, using the Enterprise insignia as a basis. The arrowhead in red as brake light, star in white as the back-up light, and ring around it in amber as turn signal. With the right materials, you could change any vehicle's tail lights to that setup.

SonicRanger January 11 2013 11:13 AM

If you're going to Trekifiy your car, go big:

http://startrekcars.webs.com

Forbin January 11 2013 02:06 PM

I already have the Starfleet Academy decal in the rear window. I don't want to encourage truckers to actively chase me down, pull me over and give me a wedgie.

BoredShipCapt'n January 11 2013 04:23 PM

I wouldn't mind having the "TARDIS" one. But I'd need a blue car, ideally.