The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Billie Piper not involved in 50th anniversary (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=199615)

Candlefright January 8 2013 08:59 AM

Billie Piper not involved in 50th anniversary

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...ry-return.html

Quote:

Billie Piper has ruled out a return to Doctor Who for the 50th anniversary, claiming that she hasn't even been contacted to take part.

The actress, who played Rose Tyler on the sci-fi show, was previously linked to a return following comments from Matt Smith about how he would like to work with Piper.

However, Piper has quashed talk of a return during an appearance on The Graham Norton Show.

When asked if she was returning to the BBC series, Piper said: "No. I've not been asked.

"I think Matt Smith said something in passing or in jest like, 'That would be nice', and it became something, but no."
Ah well.

SJSharksfan39 January 8 2013 09:05 AM

Re: Billie Piper not involved in 50th anniversary

Wow, I didn't even think about the possibility of companions coming back for the 50th anniversary. Of course this could explain how they bring back Tennant, and how both of them are on that distant world.

Jar Jar Binks January 8 2013 09:30 AM

Huzzah!

Evil Headhunter January 8 2013 09:46 AM

It's a shame she's not returning if for no other reason than because she was pivotal to the show's successful return. That being said, I'm not going to loss any sleep over it.

Quote:

tomalak301 wrote: (Post 7503601)
Wow, I didn't even think about the possibility of companions coming back for the 50th anniversary. Of course this could explain how they bring back Tennant, and how both of them are on that distant world.

Why wouldn't companions come back? Technically, having the companions return makes more sense than previous incarnations of The Doctor.

Of course, this is Doctor Who, so I expect everything including the kitchen sink. :p

The Haunting January 8 2013 09:55 AM

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind...

Relayer1 January 8 2013 10:07 AM

I didn't really like Rose, but it wouldn't have hurt to have her guesting.

RoJoHen January 8 2013 12:09 PM

Of all the characters that I don't want to come back, Rose is at the top of my list. I actually like Rose, but she's one of the few people that actually managed to get a legitimate goodbye. Let's just leave her alone in her little alternate universe.

The Haunting January 8 2013 12:10 PM

Some would say multiple legitimate goodbyes!

Pindar January 8 2013 12:15 PM

Good!

Lonemagpie January 8 2013 12:23 PM

She said that about season 4 as well

I hope we've seen the last of her though

Gov Karnstein January 8 2013 12:30 PM

Hopefully, she doesn't show up.

BoxWhatBox January 8 2013 12:32 PM

Rose, Amy, and Rory are three companions I never need to see again! I loved them all in their own special way, but they had their runs and its time to move on. I'd like to see Donna again just to make sure she's doing well (not a speaking role, just Matt watching her from a distant). Martha I wouldn't mind seeing again as head of UNIT or something. Capt Jack, only if he's sporting a bow and arrow.

MacLeod January 8 2013 12:34 PM

Producer/Director etc.. of 50th Anniversary special to guest cast: If anybody asks you are NOT involved.

Though I'm not really expecting to see many of the companions who have featured since the shows return.

RoJoHen January 8 2013 01:57 PM

Captain Jack and River Song need an adventure together. Period.

Of the "old" companions, Martha is really the only one that has any reason to show up again, assuming she still works for UNIT.

That said, Tennant's "final tour" in the The End of Time pretty much gave us closure for all of his companions. There's no necessary reason to re-open their stories.

Alidar Jarok January 8 2013 04:18 PM

I like Rose, but I'm not sad if we don't see her. She already had one comeback. Let's leave room for others instead.