The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Star Trek Fan Passes (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=199375)

PointedEars January 6 2013 04:18 AM

Star Trek Fan Passes
 
Just saw this. :( I'm just grateful that he got to see the movie and that his wife will have the everlasting memory of one final special moment with her husband.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/aili...darkness-dies/

mr.peany January 6 2013 05:48 AM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
Quote:

PointedEars wrote: (Post 7494001)
Just saw this. :( I'm just grateful that he got to see the movie and that his wife will have the everlasting memory of one final special moment with her husband.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/aili...darkness-dies/

I dont know, something about this movie will be extra special now. Im very happy he got to see the movie. Condolences to his family and friends. :(

Australis January 6 2013 02:53 PM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
Completely agree with the above. It was a really nice, generous thing to do.

Nero's Shadow January 6 2013 11:01 PM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
So sad for his family but he got his wish before his passing . R.I.P. my fellow Star Trek fan

bbailey861 January 7 2013 08:43 PM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
I am so glad Mr. Craft got to see the film before his passing. J.J. Abrams and his cohorts rock for allowing this to happen. My sincere condolences to his family.

serenitytrek1 January 7 2013 09:03 PM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
I guess this quashes the story that Paramount made up the cancer Trek fan story for the film to get international publicity.

RIP Trek Fan

I hope God spares all our lives till may.

Ovation January 7 2013 09:05 PM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7500901)
I guess this quashes the story that Paramount made up the cancer Trek fan story for the film to get international publicity.

Seriously?:wtf:

Sindatur January 7 2013 11:07 PM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7500901)
I guess this quashes the story that Paramount made up the cancer Trek fan story for the film to get international publicity.

Seriously? People really are going that far? <SIGH>

I had no idea Mr Craft was this close to passing. When it was announced how quickly they moved to get it together for Mr. Craft, I was really impressed, and now knowing how little time they did have to get it together for him, I'm even more impressed.

I'm so happy for Mr. Craft the screening was put together so quickly for him, while there was still time left, and happy for the family to have been able to share it and know his wish was granted. Sorry, for Mr. Craft to pass away from something so awful and so young.

Thank you JJ Abrams and Bad Robot team, you make me proud to be a fan

SeerSGB January 8 2013 12:26 AM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
Quote:

Ovation wrote: (Post 7500910)
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7500901)
I guess this quashes the story that Paramount made up the cancer Trek fan story for the film to get international publicity.

Seriously?:wtf:

Yeppers. I've heard it too. It's disgusting the way some fans are carrying on about the movie. I even had a guy tell me on Facebook that he wished the Sandy Hook shooting had happened at the premiere of STID

Quote:

bbailey861 wrote: (Post 7500769)
I am so glad Mr. Craft got to see the film before his passing. J.J. Abrams and his cohorts rock for allowing this to happen. My sincere condolences to his family.

Me too. It was a really amazing gesture on their parts.

M'Sharak January 8 2013 01:52 AM

Re: Star Trek Fan Passes
 
Quote:

SeerSGB wrote: (Post 7501999)
Quote:

Ovation wrote: (Post 7500910)
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7500901)
I guess this quashes the story that Paramount made up the cancer Trek fan story for the film to get international publicity.

Seriously?:wtf:

Yeppers. I've heard it too. It's disgusting the way some fans are carrying on about the movie. I even had a guy tell me on Facebook that he wished the Sandy Hook shooting had happened at the premiere of STID

I think that's a discussion best conducted elsewhere, though, lest it detract from the purpose for which this thread was started.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.