The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Howard Stern attempts to settle Shatner-Takei feud (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=198721)

Amasov December 31 2012 03:49 AM

Howard Stern attempts to settle Shatner-Takei feud

Have any of you seen this? This is one of the many attempts that Howard has made to try and settle the feud between Shatner and Takei. I have to admit, Shatner sort of annoys me here because he's letting his ego get in the way at times.

Elder Knight December 31 2012 04:41 AM

Re: Howard Stern attempts to settle Shatner-Takei feud

Shatner?
Ego??

Maurice December 31 2012 04:52 AM

Seriously, why does anyone care? Yawn.

TREK_GOD_1 December 31 2012 05:19 AM

There's no real feud--its just a case of a supporting actor---in many cases less than that--allowing post-series fandom to inflate his sense of value to the franchise. Takei was lucky to even be remembered in the same thought as the show's big three, as other TV actors in similar positions in the pecking order were/are forgotten.

ssosmcin December 31 2012 05:32 AM

This feud is part of Takei's bread and butter. He'll keep it going for as long as it helps him stay in the spotlight. If he'd shut up, he'd disappear off Shatner's radar like a bug I wipe off my windshield.

Dale Sams December 31 2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Captain Claus wrote: (Post 7467334)
This feud is part of Takei's bread and butter. He'll keep it going for as long as it helps him stay in the spotlight. If he'd shut up, he'd disappear off Shatner's radar like a bug I wipe off my windshield.

Off of Shatner's radar, but Takei has done well to keep himself on ours. Between his coming out, Heroes, Phineas and Ferb and finally his big following on FB.

Jonas Grumby December 31 2012 07:39 PM

Heh! No matter how much Stern insists (with his tongue firmly in cheek, I suspect), I very much doubt Shatner would treat this meeting "seriously." Nor do I think he should.

BillJ December 31 2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Maurice wrote: (Post 7467241)
Seriously, why does anyone care? Yawn.

This.

One played Kirk, the other played Sulu. Beyond that I don't give a rats ass whether they like each other.

Lance January 1 2013 03:47 AM

See, if Takei hadn't went and gone ballistic on the set with that fencing sword back in '66, Shatner might not hate him so much today. The Shat has got a long memory. A bit like an elephant.

Gov Kodos January 1 2013 02:13 PM

In other news, Shatner showed up on the BBC talk show 'Hard Talk'

Mage January 1 2013 02:45 PM

I remember them giving each other a big hug during Shatner's roast, so it can't be all that bad. Other then that, who cares. It's things like this that make Trek fans look like obsessed soap-fans.

Gary7 January 1 2013 05:21 PM

Stern. Rear. Exhaust and waste expulsion. Says it all. *yuck*. Can't stand that guy.

Gary7 January 1 2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Gov Kodos wrote: (Post 7472242)
In other news, Shatner showed up on the BBC talk show 'Hard Talk'

Gov Kodos, thanks so much for linking this. It's one of the better interviews with Shatner I've seen. He handles the "common" questions quite freshly. Well done. :bolian:

ssosmcin January 3 2013 08:23 PM

Eh, I'd doubt there's any real animosity between them. They probably call each other every few nights and plan out the next move. It's like Celebrity Wrestling.

jayrath January 3 2013 09:28 PM

Shatner owned a piece of the series. No other actor did. He was the star. If George was so hugely important, why did no one bat an eye when he temporarily departed to act in The Green Berets? From my standpoint, Shatner has extended an olive branch many times.

It's been more than 40 years. Geez, how long do some people want to bear a grudge?