The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=198571)

Dick Whitman December 29 2012 10:20 AM

NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Well those who hate JJ for destroying Star Trek will be happy. Due to a small but vocal minority on the internet the film as been cancelled.

Not only has the release been cancelled but the film negatives will be destroyed. They are going to do that for all copies of the first film as well. Paramount has been so moved by your complaints that it has issued a recall of all home video copies of the 2009 film.

It must be very satisfying. Now you only have 6 television series and 10 feature films, plus endless number of novels, comics, and fan films to enjoy. Remarkable for a series that only last 3 seasons over 40 years ago. Plus an elderly cast of the original series, the living ones..., who would likely never appear in a new Star Trek film anyways....

What a minute, would that not all be true even if JJ's films still existed???

Tosk December 29 2012 10:24 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Star Trek 11 got released on video?! What a quaint old technology. I had no idea. :)

Dick Whitman December 29 2012 10:32 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
DVd and Blu-ray is more futuristic than anything on TOS. So its an insult to the designers for the original show. Memory tapes are futuristic and can always be justified as so.

R. Star December 29 2012 10:38 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Because you don't like people complaining about the new films.... you start a thread to complain about them? Are you upset about the complaining or that some people just have the audacity to have an opinion different than yours?

Dick Whitman December 29 2012 10:43 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Nah, I am just bored. I think my sarcasim has a valid point though. Its about online forums in general. Do even people praising something they like and saying "Please Mister Director do that thing I liked again!" Really have any effect at all?

No studios and writers and directors are going to do what they want. They have egos, but so do all of us. Thats what we all come to places like this for if we are honest about it. Its because we believe our views matter.

Cyrus December 29 2012 10:45 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Sad news. Hopefully Paramount will reconsider their decision.

Dick Whitman December 29 2012 10:51 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Online petition! That always works.

C.E. Evans December 29 2012 10:53 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Man, it's not that serious.
:wtf:

Tosk December 29 2012 10:56 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Quote:

Donald Draper wrote: (Post 7459318)
Nah, I am just bored. I think my sarcasim has a valid point though. Its about online forums in general. Do even people praising something they like and saying "Please Mister Director do that thing I liked again!" Really have any effect at all?

No studios and writers and directors are going to do what they want. They have egos, but so do all of us. Thats what we all come to places like this for if we are honest about it. Its because we believe our views matter.

So your solution would be for everyone to keep their opinions to themselves regarding any filmed entertainment?

We're all here to discuss stuff. Stuff we like and stuff we don't like.

And I am glad VHS is gone. I couldn't get rid of mine fast enough. :)

Dick Whitman December 29 2012 11:03 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
I don't want anyone to stop voicing their opinions. That would stop one of my greatest sources of comedy!

R. Star December 29 2012 11:05 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Quote:

Donald Draper wrote: (Post 7459360)
I don't want anyone to stop voicing their opinions. That would stop one of my greatest sources of comedy!

So then... what's the point of this thread? Are you just border line trolling in order to provoke an response that you might find amusing?

King Daniel Into Darkness December 29 2012 11:05 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
It's all over, people! We're screwed.

Dick Whitman December 29 2012 11:20 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
Quote:

Star Grinch wrote: (Post 7459363)
Quote:

Donald Draper wrote: (Post 7459360)
I don't want anyone to stop voicing their opinions. That would stop one of my greatest sources of comedy!

So then... what's the point of this thread? Are you just border line trolling in order to provoke an response that you might find amusing?

Please proceed, Governor.

Deckerd December 29 2012 11:27 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
I think you're about to get M'Sharaked.

BillJ December 29 2012 11:31 AM

Re: NEWS! Film cancelled due to online complaints!
 
A thread to complain about people who complain about a movie. Pretty poor. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.