The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Jack Klugman has passed away (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=198223)

foxhot December 25 2012 01:56 AM

Jack Klugman has passed away

Which, among other things, means that the entire cast of Sidney Lumet's 12 ANGRY MEN is now gone.

Ar-Pharazon December 25 2012 02:00 AM

Re: Jack Klugman has passed away

I saw this a little while ago. I must admit I didn't know Jack was still with us, I thought he had passed on many years ago.

R.I.P. Oscar, Quincy, etc

Christopher December 25 2012 02:15 AM

I also didn't realize he was still around. I thought he'd mostly retired from acting after the throat surgery that damaged his voice, but it looks like he kept busy up until a couple of years ago. What a shame he's gone. He was one of the greats. His work on The Twilight Zone was just incredible. And while Quincy got overly preachy after a while, it was always great to hear Klugman give one of those impassioned speeches he did so well. He had a great delivery, so lyrical, almost musical in a rough-hewn way.

the G-man December 25 2012 03:07 AM

To this day, his Oscar Madison is one of the funniest performances I've ever seen. RIP

DarthPipes December 25 2012 05:14 AM

RIP, Jack Klugman. He was one of my favorites and he will be missed. The Odd Couple is still a perfect comedy in many ways because of him and Tony Randall. He was always terrific on The Twilight Zone and did a great job in Twelve Angry Men. He will be missed.

JiNX-01 December 25 2012 05:20 AM

Rest in Peace, Jack. Here's hoping that TV Land will bring back The Odd Couple and Quincy M.E.

RandyS December 25 2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Ar-Festivus wrote: (Post 7442851)
I saw this a little while ago. I must admit I didn't know Jack was still with us, I thought he had passed on many years ago.

R.I.P. Oscar, Quincy, etc

So did I. I could have sworn I read about his passing at least ten years ago.

J. Allen December 25 2012 05:46 AM

Rest in peace, Jack. You were a truly funny man, and an all around great actor. /**

auntiehill December 25 2012 06:36 AM

He was one hell of fighter and hung in there against cancer a very, very long time. Cheers to you, Jack, for making it all the way to 90.

Rest in peace.

Keith1701 December 25 2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

auntiehill wrote: (Post 7443613)
He was one hell of fighter and hung in there against cancer a very, very long time. Cheers to you, Jack, for making it all the way to 90.

Rest in peace.

Jack, you were a great actor, and I enjoyed everything T.V. show and movie that you were ever in. The world will miss you. Rest in Peace...

foxhot December 25 2012 03:02 PM

The fourth season of QUINCY was just released on DVD last week. I think all of the supporting players from that show are still with us.

In 12 ANGRY MEN, from 1957, Jack Klugman in certain shots has a striking visual resemblance to late-60s Dustin Hoffman.

Klugman and Ernest Borgnine, who also recently passed, were the last remaining villains to get it in the Jim Brown thriller THE SPLIT, which is finally on DVD. It's officially the first R-rated film ever released in America and has Donald Sutherland and Warren Oates as the other villains.....

A beaker full of death December 25 2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

RandyS wrote: (Post 7443499)
So did I. I could have sworn I read about his passing at least ten years ago.

You're probably thinking of Tony Randall. Klugman has been very active since then, including a recent book about Randall.

Amasov December 25 2012 06:28 PM

ancientone51 December 25 2012 06:48 PM

Such a shame. RIP dear sir.

Ar-Pharazon December 25 2012 07:01 PM

^^ In that video, they remind me a little of Frasier & Niles.