The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Movies you want to see released on Blu-Ray (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=197959)

CaptainCanada December 21 2012 03:09 AM

Movies you want to see released on Blu-Ray

Disney has just announced that Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Mulan will all be released on Blu-ray in the new year.

That got me thinking about what major Disney stuff is still not released in that format, and from there, what other movies in general (this year saw the long-awaited Lawrence of Arabia arrive, among others).

My personal favourite movie is Kenneth Branagh's 1989 version of Henry V, which I have on DVD, but it seems like a good candidate for a Criterion release or something like that.

RoJoHen December 21 2012 03:10 AM

Re: Movies you want to see released on Blu-Ray

I think they have already been announced by Disney, but I am really looking forward to Aladdin and The Little Mermaid on Blu-Ray. I'm trying to collect all the classic Disney movies in that format.

Starbreaker December 21 2012 03:31 AM

The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys. Seriously, it's time.

Angel4576 December 21 2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 7428805)
I think they have already been announced by Disney, but I am really looking forward to Aladdin and The Little Mermaid on Blu-Ray. I'm trying to collect all the classic Disney movies in that format.

Yep.

This year finally saw all the Hitchcock movies released so I can put that one to bed. Next up, all the Classic Disney I can get my hands on.

barnaclelapse December 21 2012 06:13 AM

I really want to scrape together a few bucks for the Blu-Ray of Citizen Kane one of these days.

Kirkman1987 December 21 2012 06:35 AM

My videophile habits will surely be the death of me. I just laid out serious cash today for the Criterion Collection blu-rays of Stagecoach and Brazil. Well worth it but damn....

I could go for more John Ford movies. The Quiet Man is coming out early next year, but I'd love to see She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. Speaking of Westerns, Shane hasn't been released yet. Surely that would be stunning in HD.

Asbo Zaprudder December 21 2012 11:40 AM

My wish list includes The Right Stuff, The Abyss, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away.

The Maltese Falcon and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre are released next month in region B, and Citizen Kane is already out, but as I already have the DVDs, I'll wait for the price to drop. Otherwise, I think I have most everything that I really want and certainly much more than I need. I'll probably pick up Dredd but again I'll shop around for a good price. Looper and the new Total Recall look like rentals.

Flying Spaghetti Monster December 21 2012 12:09 PM

Simple answer:

The Abyss, anamorphic.

A crime that it hasn't been released by now.

OmahaStar December 21 2012 04:05 PM

Shock Treatment. It's finally out on DVD, and that's great. I want it on Blu-Ray, with at least as many bonus features as they put together for RHPS.

Gaith December 21 2012 04:47 PM

I'm still waiting for Season Four of Early Edition to become available... dvd, blu, download, whatever! :p

JarodRussell December 21 2012 04:55 PM

The Abyss
Proper high quality transfers of the Star Trek films.
The Director's Cut of TMP
The Great Escape

Only to name a few.

Starscream2112 December 21 2012 05:30 PM

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Although not a movie I would like to see all 3 season of Lost In Space released on Blu-Ray.[/FONT][/SIZE]

J.T.B. December 21 2012 07:34 PM

Original cut of Star Wars.
Ride the High Country
They Were Expendable
The Right Stuff
The Hidden Fortress

Bob Morton December 22 2012 12:14 AM

I'd love to see some of the old hard-hitting Noirs cleaned up for Blu.

Out of the Past, Gun Crazy, Kiss Me Deadly, The Naked City.

Starbreaker December 22 2012 01:22 AM

I work at Amazon and I saw Kiss Me Deadly on Blu-ray. It's a Criterion release.

Link