The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies I-X (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Dolph Lundgren (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=197938)

Phily B December 20 2012 11:58 PM

Dolph Lundgren
 
Surely not?

http://i45.tinypic.com/ogi00j.png

LOKAI of CHERON December 21 2012 12:45 AM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
That Borg certainly bears a strong resemblance to him. Although it's almost certainly not, it would very cool if it was an unreported/uncredited cameo!

BillJ December 21 2012 01:27 AM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Wow. If that's not him its his twin.

Mr. Laser Beam December 21 2012 01:50 AM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Why would a famous actor like that (even one whose career is as washed-up as Dolph's) want to do a cameo where all you can see is his chin, and he doesn't even speak?

BillJ December 21 2012 02:10 AM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 7428430)
Why would a famous actor like that (even one whose career is as washed-up as Dolph's) want to do a cameo where all you can see is his chin, and he doesn't even speak?

Possible Star Trek fan?

Lonemagpie December 21 2012 02:20 AM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 7428430)
Why would a famous actor like that (even one whose career is as washed-up as Dolph's) want to do a cameo where all you can see is his chin, and he doesn't even speak?

Actors do sometimes do that, yes.

However, that Borg is a guy called Don Fischer

This is what he looks like without the makeup-
http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorCredit.aspx?ActorID=20394

Therin of Andor December 21 2012 08:06 AM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 7428430)
Why would a famous actor like that (even one whose career is as washed-up as Dolph's) want to do a cameo where all you can see is his chin, and he doesn't even speak?

Mick Fleetwood as an Antedean in TNG's "Manhunt"?

Mr. Laser Beam December 21 2012 01:03 PM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
^ I said famous actor. ;)

Drummers who occasionally act (such as playing themselves in The Running Man) don't count. :p

ChristopherPike December 21 2012 02:54 PM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Phil Collins was a child actor, who became a drumming, keyboard playing, vocalist. Went back into acting for various pop videos, Spielberg's Hook (I believe) and some straight-to-video thing... leaving us wishing he really hadn't! On both counts, if you preferred Genesis under Gabriel. :lol:

I guess coming back to fame also counts if somebody else famous remembers you... like Stallone getting Lundgren in on the act for The Expendibles. And he did play "He-Man" in the Masters of the Universe film, which is in with those who were kids during the 1980's. Some claim to it.

Not that he was in Star Trek. That would be Frank Langella's Skeletor and Robert Duncan McNeill.

Now I'm just ramblin' like Granpa Simpson. Erm... what does GNDN stand for again?

Scout101 December 21 2012 03:11 PM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Not sure how you could mention He-Man, but leave out Rocky IV. Yeah, he was the lead in He-Man, but surely more well known for playing Ivan Drogo...

ChristopherPike December 21 2012 03:27 PM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Quote:

Scout101 wrote: (Post 7430362)
Not sure how you could mention He-Man, but leave out Rocky IV. Yeah, he was the lead in He-Man, but surely more well known for playing Ivan Drogo...

I'd thought I'd long since established that I have questionable taste. :p

Kirby December 21 2012 03:35 PM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 7430101)
^ I said famous actor. ;)

Drummers who occasionally act (such as playing themselves in The Running Man) don't count. :p

Drummers NEVER count.

Captaindemotion December 21 2012 04:26 PM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
It also looks a little like a young Max Von Sydow, IMHO.

R. Star December 21 2012 04:39 PM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Quote:

Scout101 wrote: (Post 7430362)
Not sure how you could mention He-Man, but leave out Rocky IV. Yeah, he was the lead in He-Man, but surely more well known for playing Ivan Drogo...

Great now next time I watch Rocky IV I'll be expecting him to come out with a "Resistance is futile" one liner.

22 Stars December 21 2012 07:49 PM

Re: Dolph Lundgren
 
Quote:

Star Grinch wrote: (Post 7430659)
Quote:

Scout101 wrote: (Post 7430362)
Not sure how you could mention He-Man, but leave out Rocky IV. Yeah, he was the lead in He-Man, but surely more well known for playing Ivan Drogo...

Great now next time I watch Rocky IV I'll be expecting him to come out with a "Resistance is futile" one liner.

I'm afraid to ask how many times you plan to watch Rocky IV in the future :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.