The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   New slightly different synopsis released (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=197761)

SalvorHardin December 19 2012 12:06 AM

New slightly different synopsis released

Here's the new one...no more DETONATION?!?:eek:
Quote:

In the wake of a shocking act of terror from within their own organization, the crew of The Enterprise is called back home to Earth. In defiance of regulations and with a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads his crew on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice.
As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

The previous one

Quote:

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.
As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew
http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/18/new-...into-darkness/

M'Sharak December 19 2012 12:19 AM

Re: New slightly different synopsis released

Saw that.

No more detonation? :(

SalvorHardin December 19 2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

M'Sharak wrote: (Post 7417738)
Saw that.

You think your detonation is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you.

Franklin December 19 2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Saw that.

I guess the concept blew up in their faces.

So, the synopsis is written, "The Enterprise," with a capital T. Sorry, that's a facepalm.

bullethead December 19 2012 12:34 AM

I would've paid some good money for Detonations - the Movie, but this sounds good too.

ITElf December 19 2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Saw that.

I has a sad. :(

urbandk December 19 2012 03:56 AM

Now the pieces are starting to fit together more.

F. King Daniel December 19 2012 02:57 PM

I'm glad they rewrote it. The last one had a strong "all your base are belong to us" vibe.

It's already far too late for them though. To me, this will always be "the one about detonation"

Worfmonger December 20 2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: (Post 7420225)
I'm glad they rewrote it. The last one had a strong "all your base are belong to us" vibe.

It's already far too late for them though. To me, this will always be "the one about detonation"

This.

Drago-Kazov December 21 2012 12:24 PM

I told you its going to be Falase Flag Terrorism.

Now all we need is Darth Pike and my predictions will come full circle.

ToysOnLayAway December 21 2012 05:58 PM

I am looking forward to next week's synopsis.

Drago-Kazov December 21 2012 06:29 PM

Darth Pike is coming.

indranee December 21 2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

SalvorHardin wrote: (Post 7417648)
Here's the new one...no more DETONATION?!?:eek:
Quote:

In the wake of a shocking act of terror from within their own organization, the crew of The Enterprise is called back home to Earth. In defiance of regulations and with a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads his crew on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice.
As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

The previous one

Quote:

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.
As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew
http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/18/new-...into-darkness/

Why would be no more detonation? It just seems to me that they don't wanna spell it out.

indranee December 21 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

SalvorHardin wrote: (Post 7417798)
Quote:

Saw that.

You think your detonation is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you.

I wish someone had saved that 9-minute preview and would send it to me just so I could listen to that particular VO (hint, hint) :p

SalvorHardin December 21 2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

indranee wrote: (Post 7431232)
Quote:

SalvorHardin wrote: (Post 7417798)
Quote:

Saw that.

I wish someone had saved that 9-minute preview and would send it to me just so I could listen to that particular VO (hint, hint) :p

You can hear that in the first teaser trailer not the 9 minutes;):p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_282nyOtxg