The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Productions (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Phase II memorial service vignette question (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=197689)

Ian Keldon December 18 2012 04:55 AM

Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Who played the Admiral who awarded the citations? He was very convincing. Was he or is he a real military officer?

jamesmc December 18 2012 03:31 PM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
No he is a CEO of his own company and a dear personal friend of mine.

Ian Keldon December 18 2012 03:49 PM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Well he did an OUTSTANDING job!

jamesmc December 18 2012 05:22 PM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Yes, He did! and he will be in future episodes playing The Admiral as a recurring character.

JJohnson December 19 2012 08:48 AM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
A side question - I just saw the episode with Walter Koenig in it, and it ended with Chekov dying. Since we know he appeared in TMP, how does that resolve itself?

The vignette was well done by all, I hope you all keep up the good work there!

boobatuba December 20 2012 10:11 AM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Quote:

JJohnson wrote: (Post 7419562)
A side question - I just saw the episode with Walter Koenig in it, and it ended with Chekov dying. Since we know he appeared in TMP, how does that resolve itself?

It doesn't. Isn't it nice that it doesn't need to?

Ian Keldon December 20 2012 06:45 PM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
There is an alt ending for that ep where Chekov wakes up and swears never again to drink that much vodka right before bedtime.

Draculasaurus December 21 2012 02:32 AM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
I also thought the Admiral was a stand out.
He did a great job, and it was also nice to hear a familiar accent in the Trek universe.
Even my wife remarked on how good he was, and she was watching it "involuntarily".

The Castellan December 21 2012 10:33 AM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Quote:

Ian Keldon wrote: (Post 7426150)
There is an alt ending for that ep where Chekov wakes up and swears never again to drink that much vodka right before bedtime.

Beat me to it.:techman:

Rattrap December 26 2012 02:51 AM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I much prefer the version of "To Serve All My Days" where we simply accept that Chekov died. Consider it an alt universe if you like, but I particularly enjoyed that this episode ignored canon for the sake of telling a powerful story.

GSchnitzer December 26 2012 03:27 AM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Quote:

Rattrap wrote: (Post 7445677)
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I much prefer the version of "To Serve All My Days" where we simply accept that Chekov died. Consider it an alt universe if you like, but I particularly enjoyed that this episode ignored canon for the sake of telling a powerful story.

Yes. That was our sense: the compelling story about Chekov took a bit of back seat to the series' continuity.

Akiraprise December 26 2012 07:30 AM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
The new Captain Kirk really nails it here. Although I will miss James' take on Kirk, this new guy did great. Looking forward to the new eps.

theARE January 22 2013 12:50 PM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Slightly OT, but anyone know what's happened to the New Voyages / Phase II website? Seems to be down today (22/01). Hope all is still well with project.

GSchnitzer January 22 2013 03:57 PM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Quote:

theARE wrote: (Post 7572838)
Slightly OT, but anyone know what's happened to the New Voyages / Phase II website? Seems to be down today (22/01). Hope all is still well with project.

Yes, our website is down at the moment. No biggie. Our IT guys are on it.

lennier1 January 22 2013 06:52 PM

Re: Phase II memorial service vignette question
 
Next time, remember to feed the server hamsters! ;)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.