The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies I-X (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FC: That guy in the background! LOL (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=197542)

Flying Spaghetti Monster December 16 2012 11:51 AM

FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
I have seen First Contact easily a hundred times... it might have it's plot holes (I enjoy watching RLM's review as much as the film itself) but it's just so entertaining... yet I only just noticed this.

It's not a mistake, but it is hilarious. Just watch the old man in the background during the scene where Riker, Troi, and Cochran first meet... and when Cochran reactivates the jukebox. LOL, this gut reaches across the table for a drink and takes a mighty swig. He is so funny!

R. Star December 16 2012 03:37 PM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
A guy in a bar, after a rather horrific and stressful event, takes a drink and this is amusing somehow? I guess I don't get it.

Phily B December 17 2012 01:03 AM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
I remember this the first time I saw it, was pretty funny.

Flying Spaghetti Monster December 19 2012 03:04 AM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
Quote:

Star Grinch wrote: (Post 7406101)
A guy in a bar, after a rather horrific and stressful event, takes a drink and this is amusing somehow? I guess I don't get it.

Of course the idea is not remarkable, but it can still be funny watching it.
Look in the background, screen right, about 2:37

aht8orange December 19 2012 08:09 AM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
I remember reading or hearing that that guy was the actor that played Morn on Deep Space Nine, but I can't remember where. He moves likes Morn

Cyke101 December 19 2012 08:44 AM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
Quote:

Star Grinch wrote: (Post 7406101)
A guy in a bar, after a rather horrific and stressful event, takes a drink and this is amusing somehow? I guess I don't get it.

Oh lighten up, it's a sight gag, nothing more.

Mr_Homn December 20 2012 05:14 AM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
Quote:

aht8orange wrote: (Post 7419535)
I remember reading or hearing that that guy was the actor that played Morn on Deep Space Nine, but I can't remember where. He moves likes Morn

that's pretty interesting. anyone else know anything about that? seems likely, considering trek history with recurring actors and extras

Lonemagpie December 21 2012 02:34 AM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
Quote:

aht8orange wrote: (Post 7419535)
I remember reading or hearing that that guy was the actor that played Morn on Deep Space Nine, but I can't remember where. He moves likes Morn

It does look like MAS.

Ar-Pharazon December 25 2012 04:55 PM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
It's pretty funny. The jukebox wakes him up & he picks up right where he left off.

Flying Spaghetti Monster December 26 2012 02:08 PM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
Quote:

Ar-Festivus wrote: (Post 7444228)
It's pretty funny. The jukebox wakes him up & he picks up right where he left off.

Yeah, that's whny I find it funny. Also, it seems as if the bottle is his entire life, and he's grasping it the way a person might grab their own salvation. It's just funny to me.

Rulius December 27 2012 04:20 AM

Re: FC: That guy in the background! LOL
 
Quote:

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: (Post 7446853)
Quote:

Ar-Festivus wrote: (Post 7444228)
It's pretty funny. The jukebox wakes him up & he picks up right where he left off.

Yeah, that's whny I find it funny. Also, it seems as if the bottle is his entire life, and he's grasping it the way a person might grab their own salvation. It's just funny to me.


I take it you've never been drunk....


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.