The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The Problem With Picard (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=196720)

Klingon December 9 2012 11:42 PM

The Problem With Picard

Definitely his bald head. His un-hirsute appearance. He almost reminds me of the chick from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979, Robert Wise) who has the fling with uber-slime Decker.
How do we know that the bald chick from The Motion Picture is not related to Picard? They both have bald heads and live in space. They both ride starships and seem to enjoy it.
It seems to me the chance of them being related in some way is pretty high.
No doubt, Spock would think it improbable but he has to be wrong occasionally, right?
What do you mean by ' Spock is never wrong'?
I'm not saying that I do not like Picard, it's just that I wish he had some hair. Surely in the future somebody would have concocted some sort of hair growth serum? They can travel to distant galaxies but cannot cover the top of the scalp with some form of follicle stimulant?
I just don't get it. :confused:

The Wormhole December 9 2012 11:56 PM

Re: The Problem With Picard

People in the 24th century don't care about being bald. Hell, even today there are poeple who choose to shave their heads.

Of course, the real question is what does any of this have to do with Abrams Trek?

Klingon December 9 2012 11:59 PM

What do you mean?

The Wormhole December 10 2012 12:02 AM

You posted in the Trek XI+ forum, which is specifically dedicated to discussions about the Abrams Trek films. Since Picard isn't in these movies, what does this thread have to do with them?

Mach5 December 10 2012 12:05 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Mrgo0.gif

ITL December 10 2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Klingon wrote: (Post 7373023)
Definitely his bald head. His un-hirsute appearance. He almost reminds me of the chick from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979, Robert Wise) who has the fling with uber-slime Decker.
How do we know that the bald chick from The Motion Picture is not related to Picard? They both have bald heads and live in space. They both ride starships and seem to enjoy it.
It seems to me the chance of them being related in some way is pretty high.
No doubt, Spock would think it improbable but he has to be wrong occasionally, right?
What do you mean by ' Spock is never wrong'?
I'm not saying that I do not like Picard, it's just that I wish he had some hair. Surely in the future somebody would have concocted some sort of hair growth serum? They can travel to distant galaxies but cannot cover the top of the scalp with some form of follicle stimulant?
I just don't get it. :confused:

It's a slaphead conspiracy, I tell ya. They're everywhere....

Klingon December 10 2012 12:13 AM

Come on, all newbies post in the wrong forums at first. It is the norm. Accident!

The Wormhole December 10 2012 12:14 AM

Okay, so while we wait for this thread to get moved, let's get back on topic. What's wrong with Picard being bald?

Klingon December 10 2012 12:16 AM

I just think it makes him look bald. Consider Kirk - more hair on his head? Indeed. Consider how many more hot chicks Kirk pulled than Picard. It has to be the lack of hair. Has to be.

teacake December 10 2012 12:17 AM

Wormhole you obviously have a preference for baldness.

(I just hope Sisko isn't in for this treatment because then I will have to come out swinging.)

The Wormhole December 10 2012 12:20 AM

I do happen to be one of those people who shaves his head.

teacake December 10 2012 12:21 AM

Indeed.

The Wormhole December 10 2012 12:22 AM

You have no idea how jelous I am of guys like Teal'c who keep a perfectly smooth head. Within 12 hours of shaving, I got noticeable stubble. I wish I were naturally bald. I'd definitely save on razors.

Klingon December 10 2012 12:25 AM

But what does any of this have to do with my initial comments, guys?

The Wormhole December 10 2012 12:36 AM

In your first post, you made this comment:

Quote:

Klingon wrote: (Post 7373023)

I was just pointing out that some people choose to be bald, proving the statement with the fact that I myself am one of those people. Then teacake and myself went off on a tangent on our views on baldness. That sort of thing happens, it's normal for a thread to veer so far away from what was in the first post. It's what makes this forum so fun.