The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviously) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=196573)

StCoop December 8 2012 03:23 PM

One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviously)
 
Like they say (and if they don't they should) if you want to keep these things a secret don't go showing the episodes in advance.

The real villain of the Xmas Special is...


Lonemagpie December 8 2012 05:36 PM

Re: One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviousl
 
And the London Underground tin, I should think... I'm guessing Vastra's human hands are because it's a between-takes posed publicity shot and neve simply has the gloves off, but that we wont see those pink hands in the show...

StCoop December 8 2012 05:45 PM

Re: One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviousl
 
Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 7367086)
I'm guessing Vastra's human hands are because it's a between-takes posed publicity shot and neve simply has the gloves off, but that we wont see those pink hands in the show...

She's indeed wearing them in one of the other photos from the same set.

Allyn Gibson December 8 2012 11:11 PM

Re: One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviousl
 
And Moffat's man-crush on the Troughton era continues unabated. :)

Lest you think I'm mocking, I'm genuinely not. It's a pretty cool thing.

Though I will say that between this revelation (which Tom Spilsbury confirmed on Twitter in a series of now-deleted Tweets) and Moffat's paeon to "Evil of the Daleks" on the Advent Calendar, I'm starting to get suspicious that there may be a missing episode announcement in the near future.

ROBE December 9 2012 03:35 AM

Re: One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviousl
 
The Web of Fear great first episode, shame the rest are destroyed.

John Clark December 9 2012 12:03 PM

Re: One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviousl
 
Quote:

ROBE wrote: (Post 7369762)
The Web of Fear great first episode, shame the rest are destroyed.


I have to agree. There are some episodes that I really want to see again and The Web of Fear series was one of them:(

Lonemagpie December 9 2012 01:11 PM

Re: One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviousl
 
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 7368691)
And Moffat's man-crush on the Troughton era continues unabated. :)

Lest you think I'm mocking, I'm genuinely not. It's a pretty cool thing.

Though I will say that between this revelation (which Tom Spilsbury confirmed on Twitter in a series of now-deleted Tweets) and Moffat's paeon to "Evil of the Daleks" on the Advent Calendar, I'm starting to get suspicious that there may be a missing episode announcement in the near future.

I'd say it has more to do with the Radio Times's launching of a new search campaign for lost episodes.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...of-doctor-who1

With a list here:

http://www.radiotimes.com/blog/2012-...r-who-episodes

Candlelight December 15 2012 04:31 AM

Re: One Of The Twists In The Xmas Special Revealed (SPOILERS, Obviousl
 
Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 7371004)
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 7368691)
And Moffat's man-crush on the Troughton era continues unabated. :)

Lest you think I'm mocking, I'm genuinely not. It's a pretty cool thing.

Though I will say that between this revelation (which Tom Spilsbury confirmed on Twitter in a series of now-deleted Tweets) and Moffat's paeon to "Evil of the Daleks" on the Advent Calendar, I'm starting to get suspicious that there may be a missing episode announcement in the near future.

I'd say it has more to do with the Radio Times's launching of a new search campaign for lost episodes.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...of-doctor-who1

With a list here:

http://www.radiotimes.com/blog/2012-...r-who-episodes

They should really add the following to that list if we want a perfect list:

The Daleks 7 (only existing copy is an inferior Suppressed Field copy)
The Edge of Destruction (only existing copy is an inferior Suppressed Field copy)
The Reign of Terror 1 & 2 (existing copies are an inferior Suppressed Field copy)
The Crusade 1 (only existing copy is an inferior Suppressed Field copy)
The Time Meddler 4 (footage missing, edited by censors, then again all 4 episodes aren't in a very good condition)
Galaxy 4 ep 3 (last 27 seconds missing, though this has been recreated)
The War Machines 3 & 4 (footage missing, edited by censors)
The Faceless Ones 3 (20 seconds missing through being a damaged print, though this has been recreated)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.