The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Art (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   2nd Ship in the Into Darkness Trailer (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=196339)

YARN December 7 2012 01:29 AM

2nd Ship in the Into Darkness Trailer

The 2nd ship in the trailer (going into the water) does not look like the nu-Trek Enterprise.

Any guesses as to what ship that one is?

Unicron December 7 2012 02:14 AM

Re: 2nd Ship in the Into Darkness Trailer

I'm not sure. To me, in the tiny sliver visible in the trailer, it looked a lot like the Enterprise. But I could easily be wrong on that.

Ensign Ro- December 7 2012 02:18 AM

TrekNovie. com did a shot by shot analysis of the trailer. They stated due to the pylon and nacelle shapes and positioning it was not the Big E. In the freeze frame they show, it appears they are correct.

YARN December 7 2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Unwrapped wrote: (Post 7359130)
I'm not sure. To me, in the tiny sliver visible in the trailer, it looked a lot like the Enterprise. But I could easily be wrong on that.

It definitely looks like a Federation ship.

Hit pause and look at those nacelle, however.

They have a wider stance and appear to have TMP-style front-caps, definitely more slender.

Finn December 7 2012 02:30 AM

link please....

sojourner December 7 2012 02:44 AM

It's something new for this movie is my guess.

Unicron December 7 2012 02:49 AM

After looking at it a bit more, I agree. The crashing ship doesn't match the E, but the rising ship might be the Enterprise.

Admiral Buzzkill December 7 2012 02:50 AM

The rising ship has the registry "NCC-17__" clearly visible.

Shawnster December 7 2012 02:51 AM

My guess is NX-Class starship. Further, after all the speculation, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it's Captain Garth's original ship that had been kept in mothballs since is imprisonment.

Either that or it's some other class of ship, since the villain is "detonating" the entire fleet.

The Lensman December 7 2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Snowjourner wrote: (Post 7359298)
It's something new for this movie is my guess.

Yeah, that was my thought as well.

Quote:

Shawnster wrote: (Post 7359340)
My guess is NX-Class starship. Further, after all the speculation, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it's Captain Garth's original ship that had been kept in mothballs since is imprisonment.

Either that or it's some other class of ship, since the villain is "detonating" the entire fleet.

I think that ship was a lot larger than the NX-01 was wasn't it? It seems larger to me....I liked all the new ships from the 2009 movie, so I'm totally cool with something new for this one.

I do wonder if we'll have a scene where he causes several starships to fall to Earth, wreaking devastation. It'd be crazy awesome if so, IMO. ;)

Vektor December 7 2012 06:49 AM

It's not an NX class, not like the one Captain Archer commanded anyway. I'm sure it's just another new design created for this movie.

MadMan1701A December 7 2012 09:15 PM

I hope some clearer pictures come out soon... I need to have time to build the 3D model before the movie comes out! :)

-Ricky

Kaiser December 7 2012 10:06 PM

i dunno i think more pics of that ship wont be out till around March or April of 2013 =/

Shawnster December 8 2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

The Lensman wrote: (Post 7359769)
Quote:

Shawnster wrote: (Post 7359340)

I think that ship was a lot larger than the NX-01 was wasn't it? It seems larger to me....I liked all the new ships from the 2009 movie, so I'm totally cool with something new for this one.

I do wonder if we'll have a scene where he causes several starships to fall to Earth, wreaking devastation. It'd be crazy awesome if so, IMO. ;)

I've seen other people say the same thing, that it's not the correct size. Well, the Abrams Enterprise is larger than the TOS version, why should an Abrams NX stay 100% true to the Enterprise television series?

Plus, I don't know what to check to determine scale. I've never seen the NX01 crash into an ocean (or whatever the water is) with the city in the background.

Without a proper sense of scale, I couldn't say what the size is.

Of course, NX class might not make sense. If they are staying true to Enterprise TV series, then we're talking about a century old starship. Of course, everyone keeps insisting that Scotty's reference about "Admiral Archer's beagle" was Enterprise's Jonathan Archer.

Ar-Pharazon December 8 2012 02:29 AM

^ Enterprise was set before the timeline reset shenanigans, the NX-01 should be exactly as we saw it.