The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ST TNG Season 2 Blu-ray availability (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=196294)

Smitty December 6 2012 06:00 PM

ST TNG Season 2 Blu-ray availability

I see that Amazon will not have it until Dec 9 and other sites do not list availability until the 12th or 13th. Was it delayed or something? I ordered mine on Dec 1 from Amazon and they say it will not arrive until the 12th :wtf:

BillJ December 6 2012 06:14 PM

Re: ST TNG Season 2 Blu-ray availability

Quote:

Smitty wrote: (Post 7355938)
I see that Amazon will not have it until Dec 9 and other sites do not list availability until the 12th or 13th. Was it delayed or something? I ordered mine on Dec 1 from Amazon and they say it will not arrive until the 12th :wtf:

Bought mine at Best Buy on the 4th. :techman:

Reeborg December 6 2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

You will directly get the replacement edition with corrected visuals. :rofl:

Smitty December 6 2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Reeborg wrote: (Post 7356049)
Quote:

You will directly get the replacement edition with corrected visuals. :rofl:

I am not sure what that means? Is there a problem with the set already?

Savage Dragon December 6 2012 08:29 PM

^ I suggest you check out the official Season 2 thread for all the details. Suffice it to say that the company CBS farmed the work out to wasn't quite up to the job.

BriGuy December 7 2012 03:50 AM

None of the Best Buys in my area had it in stock on Tuesday. Also could not find it at two Walmarts and a Target.

It showed up as available at the Best Buy stores today (Thursday.)

But of course I went and ordered it on Best Buy's website on Tuesday. It shipped today; original arrival date was given as Dec. 13-18.

Didn't use Amazon because it was marked then as not even shipping for 9-12 days.

The availability of this set just sucks. I wonder why.

Smitty December 7 2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

BriGuy wrote: (Post 7359601)
None of the Best Buys in my area had it in stock on Tuesday. Also could not find it at two Walmarts and a Target.

But of course I went and ordered it on Best Buy's website on Tuesday. It shipped today; original arrival date was given as Dec. 13-18.

Didn't use Amazon because it was marked then as not even shipping for 9-12 days.

An update... I checked online with Best Buy and it indicated that the Best Buy nearest my house on the way home had it in stock. I stopped there tonight and they had several so I bought it. Price was same as Amazon's. I canceled the order I had at Amazon. I also noticed that they had the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy on Blu-ray for cheaper than Amazon ($55). Maybe Best Buy is getting a clue on how to beat Amazon.

Tosk December 7 2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

I see that Amazon will not have it until Dec 9

Odd. My Amazon copy shipped on the 5th.

BeatleJWOL December 7 2012 03:59 PM

Wasn't even in my Target's system when somebody checked yesterday, and a visit to a larger Target confirmed (along with a target.com search) that they're not carrying it yet.

...and I had a coupon that would have been just perfect, too!

Tommunist December 8 2012 08:50 AM

Yes, Best Buy finally got them in in Buffalo, but only after I finally relented and ordered from Amazon (and too late to cancel) Capt. Harriman is shipping the set; won't be in until Tuesday.

Ar-Pharazon December 8 2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Smitty wrote: (Post 7359736)
Quote:

BriGuy wrote: (Post 7359601)

An update... I checked online with Best Buy and it indicated that the Best Buy nearest my house on the way home had it in stock. I stopped there tonight and they had several so I bought it. Price was same as Amazon's. I canceled the order I had at Amazon. I also noticed that they had the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy on Blu-ray for cheaper than Amazon ($55). Maybe Best Buy is getting a clue on how to beat Amazon.

I wouldn't count on that. The BB & WalMarts near me had no Doctor Who S7.1 blu-rays sets.

WalMart had the DVD's & BB was out of what I can only assume was the one or two sets they got in.

I haven't even bothered to look there for TNG S2 blu-rays. I always end up leaving the store pissed off that they can't be bothered to stock this kind of thing.

And I never buy something else when that happens. I almost always did when they had what I initially went in there for.

No, I think BB is destined for the scrap heap of retail has-beens.