The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=195760)

J. Allen December 1 2012 07:20 AM

MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Episode Title: "Magic Duel"
Episode Air Date: 12/1/2012, 10:30 AM EST

SUMMARY: When Trixie makes her way back to Ponyville, as "Great and Powerful" as ever, she decides to prove her might once and for all by challenging and defeating Twilight Sparkle in a duel of magic, causing the latter pony to be exiled from the town.

--------------------------

So here we are, the return of Trixie! It's about time! I got tired of reading all those Trixie and Twilight clop fanfictions. Now we get to see what happens with a magic duel! I've been waiting to see this! You've been waiting to see this! All of Celestia's children have been waiting to see this come to light, and here it is!

Grade and Discuss, and remember, no spoilers until 3 PM. Any spoiler must be in tags!

Gep Malakai December 1 2012 07:30 AM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
So you've taken over official grading thread duties, I gather? What happened to–

Quote:

J. Allen wrote: (Post 7329688)
I got tired of reading all those Trixie and Twilight clop fanfictions.

Woah, woah, woah. Wait, what? Jesus Christ, dude.

.
.
.
.

You know there can't be enough clopfic. You're going soft on me, man. Christ. :rolleyes:

;)

Anyway, without getting too spoilery, I've watched all the preview clips and I'm very curious to see if they can make this work. Between the three clips, they've released basically the entire teaser and there's definitely some stuff in there that's worth an eyebrow raise or two. Especially that one joke that uses a piece of tech that – well, you'll know it when you see it.

I wonder if this is the episode Tara teased would make the bronies "go nuts?"

J. Allen December 1 2012 08:18 AM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Quote:

Gep Malakai wrote: (Post 7329703)
So you've taken over official grading thread duties, I gather? What happened to–

Quote:

J. Allen wrote: (Post 7329688)
I got tired of reading all those Trixie and Twilight clop fanfictions.

Woah, woah, woah. Wait, what? Jesus Christ, dude.

.
.
.
.

You know there can't be enough clopfic. You're going soft on me, man. Christ. :rolleyes:

;)


Oh thank Celestia somebody got that joke. I was worried there for a minute. :lol:
See, because over at BK, the word 'clop' is struckout, unlike here, where I have now realized that there is no strikeout option. :ouch:

Quote:

Anyway, without getting too spoilery, I've watched all the preview clips and I'm very curious to see if they can make this work. Between the three clips, they've released basically the entire teaser and there's definitely some stuff in there that's worth an eyebrow raise or two. Especially that one joke that uses a piece of tech that – well, you'll know it when you see it.

I wonder if this is the episode Tara teased would make the bronies "go nuts?"
I hope so. It looks interesting, and I'm glad to see Trixie's return. Now I have to wait, and I don't like that. :p

Chemahkuu December 1 2012 04:32 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
"Alicorn amulet"

Hah, canon.

Gep Malakai December 1 2012 04:32 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Woah, that was a he'll of a teaser. The word alicorn is canon now!

Chemahkuu December 1 2012 04:34 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Side profile of an alicorn ala all the other depictions of them on the show, with wings and horn, so yup, it's canon. The kind old chinese magician shop shout out too, that's off to some start. :D

Peach Wookiee December 1 2012 04:38 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Watching now. Trixie messed with Spike; that is... unwise. And the bit with Pinkie Pie... :lol:

Chemahkuu December 1 2012 04:41 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Yeah, more shout outs.

The animation for her magic blasts are the same as Luna's from Luna Eclipsed tinted red.

DarkHorizon December 1 2012 04:42 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Wow, this is really good.

Gep Malakai December 1 2012 04:44 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Quote:

DarkHorizon wrote: (Post 7330516)
Wow, this is really good.

Yeah, they're not messing around on this one.

And man that was full of season 1 callbacks. Swarm of the Century, Winter Wrap-Up and Boast Busters at least. I think there was more.

DarkHorizon December 1 2012 04:45 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Derpy?

And Zecora is Yoda!

Peach Wookiee December 1 2012 04:46 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Wow... Zecora is Yoda!

Chemahkuu December 1 2012 04:47 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Really loving the episode itself, but really, Trixie deserves being turned into sandwich filler by a dragon more than ever.

DarkHorizon December 1 2012 04:49 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
There are a lot of really good Fluttershy bits in this as well. :)

EDIT: Flutterspy!

Chemahkuu December 1 2012 04:51 PM

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"
 
Corrupt the user? really? how can it corrupt a completely moralless soul anyway?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.