The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Greg Cox writing Man of Steel Novelization (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=195667)

Admiral_Young November 30 2012 06:58 AM

OT: Greg Cox writing Man of Steel Novelization

Found this on Amazon...congratulations again Greg!!! I originally found this on the "Man of Steel" facebook page. It looks like it was only recently listed.

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Steel-Offi...s=Man+of+Steel

Therin of Andor November 30 2012 07:32 AM

Re: OT: Greg Cox writing Man of Steel Novelization

Quote:

Admiral_Young wrote: (Post 7324681)
Found this on Amazon...congratulations again Greg!!! I originally found this on the "Man of Steel" facebook page.

Super!

F. King Daniel November 30 2012 11:55 AM

Congratulations, Greg!

Greg Cox November 30 2012 03:06 PM

Thanks! I can't say anything about it, but I'm very excited about getting to do this book!

Relayer1 November 30 2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Greg Cox wrote: (Post 7325833)
Thanks! I can't say anything about it, but I'm very excited about getting to do this book!

When will you be able to say anything about it ? ;)

Jarvisimo November 30 2012 07:50 PM

Can you hint at all at how different this film will be from prior superhero or Superman films? I guess not, but Man of Steel is perhaps the most intriguing film of this genre for the next few years.

Admiral_Young November 30 2012 08:14 PM

As with "The Dark Knight Rises" Greg can't talk about "Man of Steel". Zack Snyder has said that they're going for complete separation from the Donner'Verse and have the mentality that no other Superman films existed. The teaser trailer in the summer time would indicate that this will be extremely different from what we've seen before, I have long stated that this will probably be similar to "Batman Begins" in terms of story structure.

Santa Kang November 30 2012 11:37 PM

The first rule of writing film novelizations, is you don't talk about writing film novelizations.

Greg Cox November 30 2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Nerys Myk wrote: (Post 7328089)
The first rule of writing film novelizations, is you don't talk about writing film novelizations.

Bingo.

JarodRussell November 30 2012 11:46 PM

Was there ever a case where you read a script and went "Oh my God this is so stupid", and were constantly biting your tongue while you wrote the novelization?

WarsTrek1993 December 1 2012 01:02 AM

I must say, I'm excited to read this, I loved the novelizations of Daredevil and The Dark Knight Rises!

F. King Daniel December 1 2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Jarvisimo wrote: (Post 7326967)
Can you hint at all at how different this film will be from prior superhero or Superman films? I guess not, but Man of Steel is perhaps the most intriguing film of this genre for the next few years.

If the plot details on IMDB are accurate, it's very different.

Admiral_Young December 1 2012 01:27 AM

IMDB is not to be trusted.

Christopher December 1 2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

KingDaniel wrote: (Post 7328530)

Where are you getting that? If you're going from the "Synopsis" page there, you seem to be extrapolating that from a single word, "is," which in context seems to be a typo for "was" (since the sentence starts out saying "years ago").

F. King Daniel December 1 2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 7328605)
Quote:

KingDaniel wrote: (Post 7328530)

Where are you getting that? If you're going from the "Synopsis" page there, you seem to be extrapolating that from a single word, "is," which in context seems to be a typo for "was" (since the sentence starts out saying "years ago").

The stuff towards the bottom about

Although Admiral_Young is 100% right, anything from IMDB needs to be taken with a pinch of salt (although I for one am shoping IMDB's listing for a meter maid in their Star Trek Into Darkness cast list is true! Maybe a Klingon meter maid on Kronos?:))