The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   "Turn," Revolutionary War pilot on AMC (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=195388)

Temis the Vorta November 28 2012 02:38 AM

"Turn," Revolutionary War pilot on AMC

Still just a pilot, but sounds interesting enough for a thread.

Quote:

Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence.
I am automatically in favor of anything set before 1950, especially if its from an underexposed era, TV or movie wise...

Owain Taggart November 28 2012 04:00 AM

Re: "Turn," Revolutionary War pilot on AMC

Ohh, nice. Something new to look forward to. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Anwar November 28 2012 05:56 AM

If "Hell of Wheels" doesn't get renewed, then I have this to look forward to at least.

Drago-Kazov November 28 2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

I am automatically in favor of anything set before 1950, especially if its from an underexposed era, TV or movie wise...
We need anything about the War of 1812.

Saga November 28 2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 7314223)

Quote:

Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence.

agreed. especially so if it doesn't involve vampires.

Temis the Vorta November 28 2012 10:48 PM

Don't say that too loud, SyFy might hear ya. ;)

Gov Kodos November 28 2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: (Post 7316986)
Quote:

Quote:

agreed. especially so if it doesn't involve vampires.

A story of how vampire privateers in the 18th century saved the American Revolution and changed history, if only Irwin Allen was still with us?

Temis the Vorta November 29 2012 12:01 AM

After having (don't laugh, well don't laugh too hard) read the novel Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, the premise basically spans all of history including WWII (vampires were behind that too, natch). Could General Eisenhower, Vampire Hunter be far behind? Or maybe that can be shortened to I Spike Ike?

Saga November 29 2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Temis the Vorta wrote: (Post 7318192)
After having (don't laugh, well don't laugh too hard) read the novel Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, the premise basically spans all of history including WWII (vampires were behind that too, natch). Could General Eisenhower, Vampire Hunter be far behind? Or maybe that can be shortened to I Spike Ike?

:lol:

sojourner November 29 2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

White Collar already beat AMC to the punch.

Temis the Vorta November 29 2012 08:44 PM

So did a lot of shows, most of which I've at least checked out, but there ain't nearly enough compared with all the cop shows, sitcoms etc.

sojourner November 29 2012 10:27 PM

You've checked out a lot of shows dealing with the Culper Ring?

Temis the Vorta November 30 2012 02:33 AM

When did I ever say anything about a Culper Ring, whatever that is.

sojourner November 30 2012 02:39 AM

Seriously? Do you not read your own posts?

Temis the Vorta November 30 2012 02:45 AM

Oh okay, I see. :rommie:

The Culper Ring is not what interests me, its the part about it being set before the 1950s.