The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A Christmas Carol (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=195331)

BruntFCA November 27 2012 05:09 PM

A Christmas Carol
 
I've been watching NuWho for the first time on Netflix and I've just finished series 5 but for some reason Netflix doesn't have A Christmas Carol. My local library has it but there is a wait so I'm just going to skip to series 6 and come back to it later, so I'm wondering if anything happens that I need to know for series 6. I'm looking for just the stuff i need to know for series 6 to make sense with hopefully little spoilers for the episode. Thanks.

zarkon November 27 2012 05:23 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
From memory, A Christmas Carol is pretty much self contained.

Sindatur November 27 2012 06:22 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
Quote:

BruntFCA wrote: (Post 7311469)
I've been watching NuWho for the first time on Netflix and I've just finished series 5 but for some reason Netflix doesn't have A Christmas Carol. My local library has it but there is a wait so I'm just going to skip to series 6 and come back to it later, so I'm wondering if anything happens that I need to know for series 6. I'm looking for just the stuff i need to know for series 6 to make sense with hopefully little spoilers for the episode. Thanks.

The Christmas Specials are often labeled as Episode 0 of the following Season.

So, if S6 starts in April, the Christmas Special prior to it, is labeled as 6.00 (Season 6, Episode 0)

RoJoHen November 27 2012 07:26 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
Absolutely nothing important happens in "A Christmas Carol." Amy and Rory aren't even a part of the main story. You can skip right to Season 6.

Samurai8472 November 27 2012 09:26 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
Although he'll miss the wonderful Christmas song sung by Katherine Jenkins which has undertones of the series themes

"When you're alone. Silence is all you hear"

Ar-Pharazon November 27 2012 10:37 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
^ Or, in short, he'll miss Katherine Jenkins, which would be a crime in itself.

I liked the story quite a lot, but it's true you could watch it anytime order-wide.

Cutter John November 27 2012 10:44 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
Its probably my favorite Christmas story. But yeah, you can carry on watching and come back to it later.

beamMe November 27 2012 10:50 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 7312090)
Absolutely nothing important happens in "A Christmas Carol." Amy and Rory aren't even a part of the main story. You can skip right to Season 6.

Well, then he could stop watching/reading fiction altogether... he would never miss anything of any importance.

A Christmas Carol is a very sweet episode and well worth watching; it's much better than The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

Rowan Sjet November 27 2012 11:43 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
Cutter John has the right of it.

RoJoHen November 28 2012 06:25 AM

Re: A Christmas Carol
 
Quote:

beamMe wrote: (Post 7313131)
Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 7312090)
Absolutely nothing important happens in "A Christmas Carol." Amy and Rory aren't even a part of the main story. You can skip right to Season 6.

Well, then he could stop watching/reading fiction altogether... he would never miss anything of any importance.

Well, you've clearly stopped reading, or you would understand why I responded the way I did. The OP specifically said he didn't want to miss out on anything important before starting Season 6. Since nothing in A Christmas Carol has any effect on Season 6 in anyway, he is safe to skip it without missing out on any important plot elements. I didn't say "Never watch it."


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.