The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Let's say Marvel and DC were to merge universes. (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=195199)

Fist McStrongpunch November 26 2012 02:07 PM

Let's say Marvel and DC were to merge universes.

Don't worry, they're not.

But just for the sake of conversation, let's say they were. Marvel 616 and the main DC Earth are merging, for good this time, rather than just a brief crossover. What would you like to see? Would you place certain characters on the other company's teams? War Machine on the Justice League? Harley Quinn on the Thunderbolts? And just how would we deal with Arthur and Namor?

shivkala November 26 2012 02:52 PM

Re: Let's say Marvel and DC were to merge universes.

I'd want a Captain Marvel/Captain Marvel (none of this "Shazam" nonsense) crossover, especially with Captain Marvel, Jr. Of course, it would have to be written by Peter David.

I'd also want a Captain Marvel (Marvel version)/Firestorm team-up. Captain Marvel would be from the time when he shared the Nega-bands with Rick Jones and could talk with him, but no one else could hear. Likewise, Firestorm should be from the Ronnie/Professor Stein time when Ronnie could talk to the Professor without anyone hearing. You'd have two heroes who could consult with others, but no one else could hear them. The two heroes could swap notes.

They'd also have to reconcile there being a Green Lantern Corps and a Nova Corps.

As for Arthur and Namor, Fantastic Four introduced another Atlantean city that stayed hidden for centuries. They'd have to do something similar, with both Arthur and Namor coming from different cities that comprised Atlantis and stayed separate through the years. Perhaps the cities were at war at the time they drowned.

Christopher November 26 2012 03:07 PM

I'd be curious to see how J. Jonah Jameson and Perry White would run each other's newspapers.

Satyrquaze November 26 2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

shivkala wrote: (Post 7305064)
They'd also have to reconcile there being a Green Lantern Corps and a Nova Corps.

I'd point out that the Nova Corps spends most of its time being destroyed or being in some stage of reconstruction, but the same is almost as true with the Green Lantern Corps.

So, maybe they'd have to reconcile that there is neither a Nova or a Green Lantern Corps.

Hound of UIster November 26 2012 03:27 PM

Or they can have the Nova Corps co-existing much like the GLC coexisting briefly with the Darkstars and LEGION before Emerald Twilight.

Quote:

As for Arthur and Namor, Fantastic Four introduced another Atlantean city that stayed hidden for centuries. They'd have to do something similar, with both Arthur and Namor coming from different cities that comprised Atlantis and stayed separate through the years. Perhaps the cities were at war at the time they drowned.
Yes I think it was Peter David's Aquaman that said there were multiple Atlantean cities with Aquaman's Atlantis just being one of the most powerful states.

Hartzilla2007 November 26 2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 7305085)
I'd be curious to see how J. Jonah Jameson and Perry White would run each other's newspapers.

I think it would go something like this.....

Clark Kent: Oh, goddamn it!, now whats Jameson accusing me of :scream:

whereas

Peter Parker: Yay! good press.

Basically

Quote:

Satyrquaze wrote: (Post 7305094)
Quote:

shivkala wrote: (Post 7305064)

I'd point out that the Nova Corps spends most of its time being destroyed or being in some stage of reconstruction, but the same is almost as true with the Green Lantern Corps.

So, maybe they'd have to reconcile that there is neither a Nova or a Green Lantern Corps.

Didn't the Green Lantern Corps only get wiped out that one time Hal Jordan went nuts.

Satyrquaze November 26 2012 03:48 PM

SUPERMAN: HERO OR MENACE?

Silvercrest November 26 2012 05:42 PM

Jameson would get a very large check from Lex Luthor if he printed that.

Christopher November 26 2012 05:49 PM

Oh, I think Jameson would tell Luthor where he could stick his check in no uncertain terms. Aside from his hostility toward Spider-Man, JJJ is quite the crusader against corruption and injustice. He might get along just fine with Superman, since Superman doesn't hide his face and didn't begin his career going on TV to make a buck by showing off his powers. (He might have some choice observations about that bat-suited lunatic in Gotham, though.)

trekkiebaggio November 26 2012 05:50 PM

Jameson might cut Superman some slack because he doesn't wear a mask.

Spider-Man crossing paths with Batman could be fun.

Christopher November 26 2012 06:21 PM

I was thinking a Spidey-Batgirl teamup might be cool. Or do you suppose he'd have a rivalry with Robin like he does with the Human Torch?

And do you think Tony Stark would try to buy out Wayne Enterprises?

Hartzilla2007 November 26 2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 7305901)
And do you think Tony Stark would try to buy out Wayne Enterprises?

There's a good chance that could backfire big time, I mean its not like Bruce Wayne is a slouch when it comes to hostile takeovers just look at Grant Morison's JLA run form the 90s.

marksound November 26 2012 06:45 PM

Those guys don't play well together.

http://youtu.be/4-Mw8PSw2cE

Satyrquaze November 26 2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Hartzilla2007 wrote: (Post 7305265)
Didn't the Green Lantern Corps only get wiped out that one time Hal Jordan went nuts.

I believe in the current storyline the Lanterns are basically no more at the moment (again).

Admiral2 November 26 2012 07:34 PM

-I want Ego the Living Planet and The Green Lantern Mogo to throw down.

-Let's settle this Avengers vs JLA shit once and for all. No team ups against Kronos, no misunderstandings, just one team or the other's gotta go.

-An all-girl hero team starring Ms. Marvel (not the new Capt. marvel), Wonder Woman, She Hulk and Power Girl. Who's the villain? Who friggin cares?? :drool:

-Let's see how powerful the Guardians really are when they go up against THE CELESTIALS.

Just a part of my wish list...