The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=194863)

Danlav05 November 22 2012 03:01 PM

Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
It would be interesting, be it in a cameo in a future movies (as rumoured) or comics/novels to see the Nimoy version once more.

There was a novel of the character living life in the new timeline, but sadly it was cancelled before publication. If Ongoing could do a story of Spock's new life on the Vulcan colony. Even with new Spock there's going to be the whole issue of Vulcan's absence.

I admit I did enjoy Abrams' movie and still do now, and look forward to Into Darkness.

Going a step further, would it be possible for him to return to his own timeline? I read somewhere it was mooted for Star Trek Online.

Dukhat November 22 2012 03:34 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
If Spock can come back from the dead, then anything's possible.

F. King Daniel November 22 2012 03:36 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
Old Spock is mentioned in the opening of Star Trek Ongoing #15. 7-page preview here: http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/20/chec...trek-comic-15/
Scotty mentions that he's "hiding behind some silly non-interference nonsense"

New Vulcan features heavily in the forthcoming Trek videogame, set between STXI and Into Darkness. It comes under Gorn attack. Maybe Nimoy will contribute a voiceover to the game?

He'll almost certainly return in the prime universe novels (the present of which is 2384), after having featured heavily in Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts of Empire and a little in Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night which seemed to set up something (most likely a role in the forthcoming 5-book series The Fall)

I'm still hopeful that Greg Cox's The Hazard of Concealing (the post-STXI novel featuring Spock Prime) will one day see the light of day, although I suspect it won't be until JJ Abrams film trilogy is complete and he moves on.

C.E. Evans November 22 2012 03:39 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
In comics and books, definitely. In another movie--magic eight ball says unlikely.

Relayer1 November 22 2012 03:45 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
In books and comics - very likely. Spocks 'katra' would be prized amongst surviving Vulcans as holding much lost knowledge about their lost home. He'd be a major celebrity !

In the films ? Nimoy was asked to guest in the new film, so who knows...

Danlav05 November 22 2012 04:16 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
Quote:

KingDaniel wrote: (Post 7290235)
Old Spock is mentioned in the opening of Star Trek Ongoing #15. 7-page preview here: http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/20/chec...trek-comic-15/
Scotty mentions that he's "hiding behind some silly non-interference nonsense"

New Vulcan features heavily in the forthcoming Trek videogame, set between STXI and Into Darkness. It comes under Gorn attack. Maybe Nimoy will contribute a voiceover to the game?

He'll almost certainly return in the prime universe novels (the present of which is 2384), after having featured heavily in Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts of Empire and a little in Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night which seemed to set up something (most likely a role in the forthcoming 5-book series The Fall)

I'm still hopeful that Greg Cox's The Hazard of Concealing (the post-STXI novel featuring Spock Prime) will one day see the light of day, although I suspect it won't be until JJ Abrams film trilogy is complete and he moves on.

Indeed, it's still pre-Countdown in the novels.

I hope so too, it sounds like that 4book series was being written, it would be a shame to waste all that effort.

The Wormhole November 22 2012 04:18 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
There was a rumour that Nimoy was going to be in Darkness, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Spock Prime already had a cameo in IDW's ongoing series, although it was in a flashback to the Delta Vega scene in Trek XI. The very same story also said that Spock Prime refuses to allow his knowledge of the future to solve any problems that might pop up.

As for novels, we'll have to wait for Bad Robot to lift their ban on novelsset in the Abramsverse before we can discuss the likelihood of anything happening there.

Jackson_Roykirk November 22 2012 09:16 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
There is nothing in-universe stopping him from returning. However, whether the film PTB (Abrams, for now) and Nimoy would ever be onboard together for Nimoy's return to the film is doubtful in my opinion. But, yeah -- books and comics? Why not?

Although, who knows? -- Maybe in 40 years, Zach Quinto will agree to play Spock prime opposite some yet-to-be-born young actor playing Spock in some future re-boot of the film series.

teacake November 22 2012 11:03 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 7290367)
There was a rumour that Nimoy was going to be in Darkness, so we'll just have to wait and see.

What is the status of this rumor now?

M'Sharak November 22 2012 11:48 PM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 7291627)
Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 7290367)
There was a rumour that Nimoy was going to be in Darkness, so we'll just have to wait and see.

What is the status of this rumor now?

Well, first there was this, and then a few days later there was this. I'm not sure I recall hearing anything more after that, so I'm tempted to call that rumor dead (if indeed there was ever anything to it in the first place.)

teacake November 23 2012 12:01 AM

Re: Could Ambassador Spock return [film/book/comic]?
 
OH thanks I missed the tweet part!

Of course if he does appear JJ may well be keeping it a deep secret.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.