The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Joss Whedon's cute sexy nerd girls (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=194416)

Ethros November 18 2012 06:01 PM

Joss Whedon's cute sexy nerd girls

Any follower of Joss Whedon's works knows he often used similar character traits for characters. eg. Those who speak their mind- Cordelia, Spike, Anya, Jayne, the comic goofy relief- Xander, Wash, Topher, Marty etc
Anyway one would also be the, as I'll call it, the cute sexy nerd girl. I remember doing this poll on here a few years ago actually with just Willow, Kaylee and Fred. But since then we've had some more options-

Willow- Alyson Hannigan (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Fred- Amy Acker (Angel)
Kaylee- Jewel Staite (Firefly)
Penny- Felicia Day (Dr. Horrible)
Bennett Halverson- Summer Glau (Dollhouse)
Dana- Kristen Connolly (Cabin in the Woods)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ros/WKFPBD.jpg

So basically I'm just asking if you're into that type of girl who your favourite is, who you would choose of the six and why?

And not that my av should give anything away, but I'll have a think and decide later..

*I don't think Avengers can really be added btw, neither Black Widow or Agent Hill really count in the category

MacLeod November 18 2012 06:22 PM

Re: Joss Whedon's cute sexy nerd girls

The Five Man Band trope. (most charcters on TV fufil a character type)

Greg Cox November 18 2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Ethros wrote: (Post 7273477)

*I don't think Avengers can really be added btw, neither Black Widow or Agent Hill really count in the category

Plus, The Avengers is an adaption of somebody else's universe, so it doesn't really count as a Joss Whedon creation.

Although maybe we can get Felicia Day as Squirrel-Girl in the sequel? :)

Ethros November 18 2012 11:07 PM

It's a tough choice, personally their personality traits are what I always looks for in a woman, cuteness over hotness any day. And though Kaylee cute-as-can-be, I think she'll win this by a country mile, and I do love Fred so much, but I'll probably go with the original, Willow Rosenberg.
Circa Buffy season 3 if I have to get picky :) once she threw away the cardigans and had that new haircut she became the most adorable thing ever.

Guy Gardener November 18 2012 11:32 PM

My brain said "Statistically you have always loved Willow the most" but my balls overrode my brain like it was a rough rider for the pony express digging it's spurs in and they voted for Fred.

(My heart is still trying to make up it's mind.)

(of course my balls can think faster and harder, they have two brains when my actual brain just has one, um, brain.)

Cordelia "No it's alright, they made me a Princess."

Fred "Um, well, okay... That didn't happen to me when I got here."

Drago-Kazov November 19 2012 12:48 AM

Is Kaylee a nerd?

He is good at fixing startaships, not reading lots of books and dressing up as an orion.

T'Girl November 19 2012 12:55 AM

Summer Glau, she has that whole sexy terminator walking around in it's underwear thing going.

nightwind1 November 19 2012 02:24 AM

Tough choice, but it's a near neck-and-neck between Willow and Kaylee.

I voted a slight edge to Kaylee.

Trekker4747 November 19 2012 02:33 AM

Kaylee, by far. Having met and touched Jewel Staite, and having her touch me makes it hard to say anything else. Kristen Connoley is a very close second, though. Interesting most of those girls have red or reddish-brown hair.

RoJoHen November 19 2012 03:08 AM

Penny is my favorite of the bunch, but that might just be because I loved her singing in "Dr. Horrible."

OdoWanKenobi November 19 2012 03:18 AM

I refuse. :p

Saga November 19 2012 03:45 AM

they're all great, but i went with Fred. think i like her the best.

Gaith November 19 2012 04:31 AM

I en't seen enough of the non-Kaylees to make an informed vote, but, hair/eye color aside, SWEET ZEUS, THOSE GIRLS LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE!! :p

Trekker4747 November 19 2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 7275409)
I en't seen enough of the non-Kaylees to make an informed vote, but, hair/eye color aside, SWEET ZEUS, THOSE GIRLS LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE!! :p

Hair/eye color, facial structure, weight, "chubbiness" of the cheek bones, hair style, skin tone other than, though, yeah exactly alike.

Brent November 19 2012 05:43 AM

SO HARD

But I went with Willow