The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Qesus? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=194377)

Drago-Kazov November 17 2012 11:57 PM

Qesus?
 
Could a Q had been Jesus? Was this idea ever explored in Trek?

Santa Kang November 18 2012 12:07 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Quote:

Drago-Kazov wrote: (Post 7270804)
Could a Q had been Jesus? Was this idea ever explored in Trek?

Sure why not?

No, though the idea that the gods were just aliens has been. (Who Morns for Adonais, How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth)

Ríu ríu, chíu November 18 2012 12:09 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
The only time anything like this has ever come up (that I'm aware of) was in one novel - can't remember which - where Picard sarcastically says to Q "So you're not claiming to BE God, just saying that you knew Him?" and Q, with a completely straight face and not joking at all - which freaks Picard out - replies "He's tough to know, in the strictest sense..."

And for obvious reasons, I personally think it would be a shitty thing to do to have an episode or film actually portraying Q *as* God or Jesus. Not even SG-1 dared do that.

teacake November 18 2012 12:11 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Yes it's hilarious that the Goa'uld or the Wormhold aliens or whoever get to be the Gods or prophets of entire species and planets but the only way they get to do that on earth is if it's a dead culture such as ancient Egypt.

-Brett- November 18 2012 12:13 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Quote:

Drago-Kazov wrote: (Post 7270804)
Could a Q had been Jesus? Was this idea ever explored in Trek?

Doesn't really seem like Q's style. Although fucking with some poor carpenter's mind to convince him that he's a messiah and to go get himself crucified seems right up his alley.

teacake November 18 2012 12:20 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Ten points for the thread title :lol:

Captain McBain November 18 2012 12:43 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Quote:

-Brett- wrote: (Post 7270882)
Quote:

Drago-Kazov wrote: (Post 7270804)
Could a Q had been Jesus? Was this idea ever explored in Trek?

Doesn't really seem like Q's style. Although fucking with some poor carpenter's mind to convince him that he's a messiah and to go get himself crucified seems right up his alley.

Much evidence exists to show that Christ was truly the Messiah.

Merry Christmas November 18 2012 12:47 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 7270867)
Yes it's hilarious that the Goa'uld or the Wormhold aliens or whoever get to be the Gods or prophets of entire species and planets but the only way they get to do that on earth is if it's a dead culture such as ancient Egypt.

Jack O'Neill asked Teal'c once if a Goa'uld could fake being a Christian God, Teal'c said given the basic Gou'uld psychology and from Teal'c's knowledge of Christianity beliefs, they just wouldn't be able to pull it off.

:)

-Brett- November 18 2012 12:59 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Quote:

Captain McBain wrote: (Post 7271008)
Quote:

-Brett- wrote: (Post 7270882)
Quote:

Drago-Kazov wrote: (Post 7270804)
Could a Q had been Jesus? Was this idea ever explored in Trek?

Doesn't really seem like Q's style. Although fucking with some poor carpenter's mind to convince him that he's a messiah and to go get himself crucified seems right up his alley.

Much evidence exists to show that Christ was truly the Messiah.

At the risk of getting this thread shipped off to TNZ, isn't evidence for the existance of god, and not just any god but the abrahamic god, a prerequisite for evidence of his messiah?

teacake November 18 2012 01:02 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
It's from SG:1 Demons.

Quite a plug from Teal'c for the Christian God.

DANIEL : Well, if these people were already Christians when they were taken from Earth, that suggests this Goa’uld is…is playing…
O’NEILL : God? As in God God? It’s a bit of a stretch, don’t you think?
TEAL’C : I know of no Goa’uld capable of showing the necessary compassion or benevolence that I have read of in your Bible.
O’NEILL : You read the Bible, TEAL’C?
TEAL’C : It is a significant part of your Western culture. Have you not read the Bible O’NEILL?
O’NEILL : Oh yeah, yeah, not all of it. Actually, I’m listening to it on tape. Don’t tell me how it ends.

Santa Kang November 18 2012 01:23 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Quote:

Captain McBain wrote: (Post 7271008)
Quote:

-Brett- wrote: (Post 7270882)
Quote:

Drago-Kazov wrote: (Post 7270804)
Could a Q had been Jesus? Was this idea ever explored in Trek?

Doesn't really seem like Q's style. Although fucking with some poor carpenter's mind to convince him that he's a messiah and to go get himself crucified seems right up his alley.

Much evidence exists to show that Christ was truly the Messiah.

Unless you happen to be Jewish. Then it's pretty much a wash.

Bry_Sinclair November 18 2012 04:10 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Quote:

Captain McBain wrote: (Post 7271008)
Quote:

-Brett- wrote: (Post 7270882)
Quote:

Drago-Kazov wrote: (Post 7270804)
Could a Q had been Jesus? Was this idea ever explored in Trek?

Doesn't really seem like Q's style. Although fucking with some poor carpenter's mind to convince him that he's a messiah and to go get himself crucified seems right up his alley.

Much evidence exists to show that Christ was truly the Messiah.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! :)

EmoBorg November 18 2012 07:18 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
No truly loving God will create hell in the first place and FYI jews don't believe in hell or eternal damnation.

teacake November 18 2012 07:30 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Hell for Q is being trapped in humanity.

Captain Rob November 18 2012 10:18 AM

Re: Qesus?
 
Correction.
Hell for Q would be being trapped with the Pakleds. As one.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.