The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Top 10 episodes according to Den of Geek (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=192913)

Flying Spaghetti Monster November 3 2012 03:25 AM

Top 10 episodes according to Den of Geek

here we go!

I wanna hear your thoughts, then I'll chime in.

What I will say out the gate is that I'm glad "Paper Moon" made the list. What a great episode!

indolover November 3 2012 04:18 AM

Re: Top 10 episodes according to Den of Geek

No In the Pale Moonlight? :lol:

I guess it's subjective. However, The Way of the Warrior is #1 for me.

Flying Spaghetti Monster November 3 2012 04:23 AM

oh, i didn't even notice lol

Distorted Humor November 3 2012 04:26 AM

Drop Doctor Bashir, I Presume?, add In the Pale Moonlight, and move duet higher then 10 (I think it is a top ten of all of Star trek, let alone DS9)

but other then that, can't disagree.

lurok November 3 2012 11:53 AM

No In The Pale Moonlight? WTF? Not only best DS9 but one of best hours of TV, sf or otherwise.

Some of those eps are fun, diverting but not that great (Our Man Bashir, Little Green Men). Can't stand Vic Fontaine, so Paper Moon is out. Draggy whiney episode. And what's so great about I Presume other than we find out Julian's secret? (and a naff one at that).

I'd go with others, even if not my personal top 10.

Spock/Uhura Fan November 3 2012 12:07 PM

If I had to make a top ten list of my favorite DS9 episodes, that would be one hard task. I will say that I know for sure that The Visitor would be #1, so I agree wholeheartedly with that one. There are a few on the DoG list that I wouldn't have chosen, but that's neither here nor there.

I do think not having In The Pale Moonlight might have been some sort of oversight, but also like someone above mentioned, it's subjective.

That's the great thing about DS9. You could have 3 people make 3 top 10 lists with only a few episodes in common, and you can usually understand why they chose what they chose, even if those aren't your personal favorites. There are quite a few outstanding episodes to choose from.

Bamarren November 3 2012 01:39 PM

I think only a few of those ten would make up my top ten, but as stated before, thats what I love about DS9, everyone has their favourites for completely different reasons.

My favourite, Far Beyond the Stars gets grief sometimes for people claiming Brooks over acted on the "Its real" rant he went on, but I think his breakdown was brilliantly played out, really tough watch that but made for an excellent episode.

Distorted Humor November 4 2012 02:17 AM

My top seven right now

"Duet"
"The Way of the Warrior"
"The Visitor"
"Trials and Tribble-ations"
"Sacrifice of Angels"
"Far Beyond the Stars"
"In the Pale Moonlight"

Below that there is a mass of very good episodes that move up and down in my view.

donners22 November 4 2012 02:43 AM

I don't think most of those would make my list, but each to their own. It's no easy task to find the best few out of so many wonderful episodes. As one commenter noted, it's far easier to list the worst episodes than the best, because there's much fewer to choose from.

Warp Coil November 4 2012 04:19 AM

My personal list:
"Duet"
"Improbable Cause" / "The Die is Cast"
"The Way of the Warrior"
"Homefront" / "Paradise Lost"
"Trials and Tribbleations"
"Call to Arms"
"Favor the Bold" / "Sacrifice of Angels"
"In the Pale Moonlight"
"It's Only a Paper Moon"
"What You Leave Behind"

Dingo November 5 2012 04:02 AM

"The Way of the Warrior"
"Siege of AR558"
"You are Cordially Invited"
"The Magnificient Ferengi"
"The Emperor's New Cloak"
"What You Leave Behind"
"In The Pale Moonlight"
"His Way"
"Trials and Tribbleations"
"Civil Defense"

DS9forever November 5 2012 05:37 PM

Odd that none of the Occupation or Final Chapter episodes are there. "Rocks and Shoals", "Sacrifice of Angels", "Tacking Into the Wind", "The Changing Face of Evil" and "What You Leave Behind" could all be there.

commanderkai November 5 2012 06:08 PM

I'd drop the comedy episodes "Our Man Bashir"/"Little Green Men", and, although they were highly entertaining, and quite good, they're not the best of DS9.

Maab of the Ten Tribes November 5 2012 07:10 PM

What? Where the hell is "Move Along Home"? Come on, man! If we switch "The Visitor" with "Move Along Home" it would be a decent list at best.

Allamaraine!!!

lurok November 5 2012 07:26 PM

I quite like that one ;) And If Wishes... But there quite a few in latter seasons I find un-rewatchable. That O'Brien undercover one. The Worf-Risa one. And anything with Vic Fontaine.